Author Topic: New Para Carry 12- What Do You Think?  (Read 932 times)

Offline Patriot_1776

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
New Para Carry 12- What Do You Think?
« on: May 16, 2005, 02:14:30 PM »
Just got a new one to add to the list: the Para Carry 12 LDA series.  After looking it over, it seems to be well manufactured.  The feel of the slide might need a little break in.  The barrel is much thicker than I ever thought it would for a semi-auto; but I think it might lend itself to better accuracy.  Only thing I don't like about the LDA trigger, is the action must be cycled for the internal hammer to be recocked.  I would think that inconvenient in the event of a squib load, in which a simple DA pull of the trigger again (as can be done with a Sig; they're hard to beat IMO) might discharge the round on the second strike.  Overall, I'd say it looks and feels great; the smooth, crisp trigger pull is very nice (except for what was cited above).  Lastly, I hope it will shoot as good as it looks.  What are your thoughts on this gun?

Thanks.

:D
-Patriot
-Patriot

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 01:13:43 AM »
I think it is a nice gun, but I am a little miffed that they are made in Canada. It is funny we can't use a handgun to hunt with in Canada, but they can make handguns and import them to the US.  :?

But like I said they are a good gun, I just won't own any. JMHO
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline TScottO

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 06:07:30 PM »
I have the CCO single stack version. They are dandy guns and shoot real well. I've only shot mine off handed and manage to do 3-4" groups at 25 yards with standard hardball. I didn't go with the 12 because I wanted a slim gun but I think they are just dandy and you did well. Enjoy.

Take Care,
Scott

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 12:04:30 PM »
Speaking from personal experience ...

... They are picky about what ammo you feed them and the trigger doesn't always reset during rapid fire, requiring a partical cycling of the slide in order to get it operational again.

A fun gun to shoot but I would not rely on it for self defense purposes.
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Offline SectorSteve

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 03:53:17 PM »
I'll have to agree with Sir Knight. I had a Carry 12 and it was a little picky about what it was fed. After I had fired about 300 rounds through mine, I polished the feed throat and haven't had a problem since. The only drawback about carrying the Carry 12 concealed, is the weight. A fully loaded Carry 12 on you hip feels like a brick, even with a good belt and holster.