Author Topic: Buying a used .22 revolver?  (Read 702 times)

Offline Mrserenity

• Trade Count: (0)
Buying a used .22 revolver?
« on: February 05, 2005, 05:16:31 PM »
Hi, I saw a used 22 revolver at the gun shop.  I was thinking about taking a look at it.  I'm interested it just taking it to the range every now and then. Is a used 22 revolver worth buying?  What should one look for when buying a used revolver?  The revolver is going for $100.  I didn't get a look at the make.  Does the gun shop inspect the guns that people sale to make sure that they function properly?  Thanks.

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 01:32:08 AM »
Some gun shop owners will take the gun from the sellers hands, wipe it off and place it in their showcase with a price on it. 22 relvolvers can have the same problems as larger calibers. Not shooting to the point of aim, being out of time, poorly cut chambers in the cylinder, etc. It pays to find out as much as possible but if you can't do this and frequently visit the gun shop, ask him what your options are if it has problems after you shoot it. For $100 my guess would be an H&R and some swear by these so it's a matter of chioce. Good Luck.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline Savage

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 04:35:02 AM »
The price is right. The only used 22 revolver in that price range I would consider would be H&R or Taurus. I'd stay away from anything else. Of course it would be nice if it were an old Colt of S&W--------fat chance!! Just dreaming!
Savge
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Mrserenity

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 09:07:42 AM »
Hi, it's a .22 NEF revolver.  Thanks.

Offline Tacoma

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 01:56:15 PM »
HEF is the new H&R so it will be "safe". It will give you your $100 worth but don't expect super accuracy /refinement out of it.
Any YES, a .22 revolver is definately worth owning.