Author Topic: I'm tired of waiting for the Excell auto, ordered a Verona.  (Read 408 times)

Offline raynor

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
I'm tired of waiting for the Excell auto, ordered a Verona.
« on: February 23, 2005, 09:24:35 AM »
Ordered a Verona 401 instead, same thing anyway.  Does anyone have the H&R version yet?  Curious how they'll hold up in the long run and what the fit and finish will be.

Offline raynor

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
I'm tired of waiting for the Excell auto, o
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 12:20:07 PM »
Well guys, here's the deal.

Got my Verona SX-401 and today put a couple boxes of shells thru it. Mostly handloads and a few factory target loads, not one single hic-up.   :grin:  Smoked a couple pigeons and shot a few shells thru the 4 chokes that came with it. Man, that full choke shoots a nice tight pattern. Can't wait for spring turkey season!

The fit and finish on this gun is beautiful.  If this is what we can expect with the H&R version, that would be great.  These things are really gonna sell, especially when the price should be around $275.

The design is simple, dis-assembly is a breeze, it's a light carry gun (under 7 pounds).  Handles well, points quick, nice high luster blue, beautiful wood.

As you can tell, I'm impressed.  :eek:   I just hope the H&R version is all of what this one is.  I've gotta get one of those soon as their available, just to find out.

Enough blabbing for now, gotta go try and toast a couple more pigeons before dark.   :-D  ~~ raynor

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
I'm tired of waiting for the Excell auto, o
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 02:11:42 PM »
Most of the Verona's that are out...have great fit & finish to them...they are a top notch imported shotgun...I love my Sporting Clays Over & Under...shoots great just like it should....

H&R will be hard pressed to even come close to these fine shotguns...even though the are the same...it's going to be like the GM line of automobiles...and comparing a highend...with the lower end...one thing though...I do hope they offer the Verona's nice synthetic stock on it...it's a pretty good one...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...