Author Topic: Para Ordnance's "Warthog"  (Read 797 times)

Offline Patriot_1776

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Para Ordnance's "Warthog"
« on: November 05, 2004, 06:35:45 PM »
Does anybody out there own one, and how does it measure up?  Accurate, comfortable, reliable, etc?  I like the main designs incorporated into it, such as: High capacity (10 rds mag cap),   very compact, powerful chambering (45 ACP), and seems well made.  Can it be fired in double and single action, or is it double or single action only?  Lastly, are the extensive safety features a blessing, or a curse? (I don't hate safety, but I believe it can be overdone if the gun is needed in immediate necessity for self-defense)  If any of you could provide some input on your experiences with one, I'd really appreciate it. :D   Patriot
-Patriot

Offline mavrick10_2000

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 08:07:57 PM »
I don't remember all of the Spec's.   But I fired 7 full mags.   I was very surprised to say the least.   Not at the quality, I like Para's.  But I thought for sure the wrist would be sore.  Not the case at all.  Handled very comfortably, the mag has an extra moulded piece which assists with larger hands, getting the pinky on it.  It was accurate.  My wife shot several mags as well and liked it.   Small, light, and no extra noticeable recoil over a "standard" 45 even from Para.

For the specs check out para's website.  www.paraord.com

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 09:10:55 PM »
There's been considerable discussion hereabouts concerning the short barrels in 1911 handguns.  The concensus of opinion seems to be that the timing of the short barrel guns is very critical and the gun my go out of time easily.  I've got the C645 and really like it but have not put enough rounds thru it yet to say I'd rely on it when the brown stuff hits the ventelate'n device.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!