Author Topic: WHAT DO WE EXPECT-WHAT DO WE WANT  (Read 668 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
WHAT DO WE EXPECT-WHAT DO WE WANT
« on: February 12, 2005, 10:59:02 PM »
What do we want for the new Iraq or what do we expect from these folks?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline magooch

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 03:08:14 AM »
If they will just run their own country, provide for their own security, not become a terrorist haven, leave their neighbors alone and attend to their business (pumping oil) I for one will be more than satisfied.
Swingem

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 03:36:36 AM »
Yeah what Magooh said I guess is what we'd like. But honestly that's not what I expect.

What I expect is that shortly after we pull out they will go back to doing what they've been doing the last 4000 years or so. They will fight among the tribes and kill each other as fast as they can. Soon enough a sect will take over and start to murder all the others. If allowed to become strong enough again they will then begin moving on their neighbors again.

It's all they've know thru out their recorded history. I don't see them changing now.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 04:05:57 AM »
There is no new Iraq & I expect like GB for them to return to what they have always been. The best thing we can do is keep them in their oun corner of the world to kill each other & be very diligent in preventing them from gaining the means to be a threat to ourselves.
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 04:36:58 AM »
At the very least we have gotten some women educated,and we have broken them up in such a manner that they will not reform as they were or they will take a very long time to come back as a threat.The periferal is where history has been made,
Algeria had a vote,Eygpt had a vote ,Afhganistan had a vote,Palestine had a vote--Iraq was the right war at the right time in the right place and the world will be better off.I forgot to include Libya capitulation and the fact that PRK will always be under the Thumb of China.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline BamBams

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 05:49:07 AM »
What Wizard said.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 06:13:51 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Yeah what Magooh said I guess is what we'd like. But honestly that's not what I expect.

What I expect is that shortly after we pull out they will go back to doing what they've been doing the last 4000 years or so. They will fight among the tribes and kill each other as fast as they can. Soon enough a sect will take over and start to murder all the others. If allowed to become strong enough again they will then begin moving on their neighbors again.

It's all they've know thru out their recorded history. I don't see them changing now.

My thoughts exactly. If we're not over there babysitting them, I'm sure some cult that has been hiding out this whole time will come in and start up the Hussein regime again. A scary thought, ain't it?  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline Shorty

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 11:06:12 AM »
Oil money is what changed everything.  Before the automobile age, the Middle East didn't matter, and they had no money to realize their hateful ambitions.  Since WWII, they're like a rock star or a country & western star who comes into more money than they have the self control to deal with.
Now, if we could come up with cold fusion and hot super-conductors they wouldn't matter once again!  :wink:

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 12:36:42 PM »
I support the troops in Iraq and the removal of the Hussein regime. It's up to the Iraqi people the direction their country takes. We need to set a deadline to bring our troops home and leave the Iraqi people to run their country as they see fit. I am afraid the longer we stay there the more hatred the people of Iraq will have for the United States. We set the ball in motion and it should be up to them to run with it in whatever direction they choose. :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline truckah

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 01:02:20 PM »
we are currently fighting terrorists thousands of mile from our shores,  if we continue to fight them there instead of here, i will be pleased.

oh yeah.... i think all men yearn to be free.  given an incubation period of sufficient duration, they may do now what they have never done before.  i think they can............. i think they can............. i think they can........

-dan
make a damn decision!

any risk of acting agressively is most certainly outweighed by the risk of sitting on your  butt and  acting like a liberal. :twisted: