Author Topic: WHAT HAVE I GOT?  (Read 747 times)

Offline Nightrain52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
WHAT HAVE I GOT?
« on: February 16, 2005, 01:44:24 PM »
I have inherited a Ranger semi-auto shotgun. It is a 20 ga. 2 3/4 in. chamber and has a ventilated rib with modified choke. On the barrel just in front of the receiver it says "Ranger by Winchester" and MOD which I take is the choke in the barrel as it doesn't have choke tubes. It has no other markings other than the serial # on the side of the reciever. It has walnut stocks which must have an oil finish as it is dull. Has some minor scratches here and there but other wise seems to be in good shape. Is this the same as the Winchester 1400 except in cheaper form or marketed under a store brand name. Thanks.
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline gwindrider1

• Contributor
What have I got.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 03:29:54 AM »
That's it exactly!  The Ranger line is is simply a no-frills version of the regular 1400.  They have made Ranger models of several of their offerings, i.e., Mod. 70, 1300 & 1400's, Mod 94, etc...

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
WHAT HAVE I GOT?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 04:52:50 AM »
Thanks for the response gwindrider1. I did some searching yesterday on the auction sites and different places and from the drawings and pictures I am pretty sure it was a 1400. Thanks for the response. :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS