Author Topic: Finally shot my new Pardner w/32" barrel  (Read 514 times)

Offline jrdudas

• Trade Count: (0)
Finally shot my new Pardner w/32" barrel
« on: February 16, 2005, 03:38:58 AM »
Well I finally found the time to clean my new 32" barrel Pardner and took it to the Trap range yesterday.  The first round (25 shots) I only hit about 10 or 11.  I did much better on a second round about an hour later; 18 or 19 out of 25.  

I am impressed by the simplicity of the gun and by its accuracy.  I believe that the shot went where I pointed, and that the misses were my responsibility.  I had no malfunctions, and all-in-all I am happy with the guns' performance;  I am however, sporting a nice black-and-blue spot from the recoil.  I loaded the stock with shot (not sure how many ounces) and the recoil only seemed bad on a couple of shots; probably had the gun mounted incorrectly on my shoulder.  I have a slip-on recoil pad that I will try the next time out.  I would like to add more weight to the gun and have read somewhere about a method of weighting the forearm grip; anyone have a suggestion.

John

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
Finally shot my new Pardner w/32" barr
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 04:05:29 PM »
With my 32" bbl, I mounted an NEF Handi Rifle Monte-Carlo butt stock  to essentially raise the rear sight (my eyeball) to compensate for the rising bird of trap shooting.  This has a recoil pad that came with it. I then also installed the mercury recoil reducer that I was using in this gun, it originally being a Tacker II slug gun.
My best ever score so far is a 24   :x  out ot 25, and I'm able to hit 23's and 24's pretty consistantly with it...... :grin:

I am finding out why the old timers liked the longer 30" and 32" bbls.....
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 12:56:45 AM »
Dang it! Now I want one of those too.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline ScatterGunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 10:47:17 AM »
are the 32" barrels offered through the barrel accessory program ? and do they have screw in chokes ?

sg
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 01:20:38 PM »
They are available through the barrel accessory program but they are fixed full choke only.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun