Author Topic: Felt boots  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Woodbutcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Felt boots
« on: February 26, 2005, 07:30:25 PM »
Good forum. Should be very helpful.
 Some years ago I saw a pair of boots made of felt. Lace up boots with a thin outer sole, that were meant to go into 5 buckle rubber over boots. The guys wearing them worked outside all day, and praised them as being very comfortable, and warm. Seems the felt boots didn't bunch up, or shift around under the foot like regular felt booties, and then cause sore feet.
 Never seen anything like it since, asked lots of places, and no help. Does anyone have any info on such a product? Thanks.  Woodbutcher

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
Felt boots
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 10:19:50 PM »
I did a little lookin into this and here is what I found...

http://nomaralaska.com/boots.htm

Now, I have never done biz with them, but what got my attention was that they are based in Alaska. Where it is cold. Real cold. Anyway, it may be worth a call. Good luck.

Offline mrlizzzard

• Avid Poster
Felt boots
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 02:00:05 AM »
Fly fisherman used something like that,I think the felt boots were an east coast thing.I have always said that 5 buckle artics were very warm with the right shoes under them.

Now I have a pair of molded,camo shin high muck boots from Survivor,1000 grain thinsulite that are the most comfy,warmest things I've ever owned.

lizzzard

Offline Woodbutcher

• Contributor
Felt Boot
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 01:21:32 PM »
Thanks Eyesore and Lizzard. It's a lace up boot, just like a leather 10" boot, just made of felt. Take off the over shoes and walk around inside, go to a restaurant even. No one would notice.
 With the right over shoe, a very light weight combo.   Woodbutcher

Offline Will_C

• Avid Poster
Felt boots
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 03:26:10 PM »
Woodbutcher; I can't help you in regards to finding felt boots, but I remember them well. I used a pair of hand-me-downs from my father for many years when I was young. The boots laced up and had a rubber heel in them. I wore them under a pair of five buckle artics. I guess some of us are showing our age! :lol:
Will

Offline Woodbutcher

• Contributor
boots
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 01:59:18 PM »
Will, old fishermen never die, they just smell that way!  Woodbutcher