Author Topic: tdc sight  (Read 537 times)

Offline czbuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
tdc sight
« on: February 27, 2005, 05:49:09 AM »
:-D howdy yall the willaims fire site well not fit the ribe on the tdc. i cut a slab of shime stock to put under the ribe. thats the only way it would tighten up. and with the ramp all the way up it still shoots low. eny sugetions please ???
it only takes one shot.if ya need more.go sight in your gun!!!

Offline JRSR126

tdc sight
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 12:22:26 PM »
CZBUFF,

I had to move the Williams rear site around on the rib to get a fit. Call Williams and ask for the highest rear ramp they got. I think it was a 5/16". They sent it to me for free. Note that the Winchester Rifled slugs shot very low in my TDC. The Bennekee slugs (with the plastic bases) shot allot higher. Mine shoots dead on with the Bennekees at 100 yds.

Offline czbuff

• Avid Poster
tdc sight
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 12:38:04 PM »
:) hay thanks for the sugestion. i didn"t think of that all call in the morning to see thanks...

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
tdc sight
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 03:26:59 PM »
:D, gotta love those Brenneke's!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline czbuff

• Avid Poster
tdc sight
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 01:11:35 PM »
:cry: called willams today thay told me thay didnt make a higher back site. what did you say you had. a fire site. or the slugger. the fire site clamps to barrel . on the ribe. iff this is the one you got . can you remember the persons name that help you. help please

Offline JRSR126

tdc sight
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 10:11:42 PM »
CZBUFF,

I called them on Jan 24, 2005. There is a an earlier thread on this a couple of pages back where I got help from the group here when this problem occurred for me. Williams replaced the 1/8" high rear site base that came with the sight (that dovetails into the rear rib mount) with a 5/16" high one free of charge. It said 5/16" on the packing slip but I cannot find it now to give you the part number. I may have tossed it.  Note that it may be an interchangeable part from another sight they sell. If I find the slip, I will post the part number. Tell them they did it for a guy in Woodstock Georgia who called on Jan 24,2005. I know they keep records of their parts ordering because when I followed up, they were able to pull up the request. I do not remember who I spoke to except being a guy in the late afternoon and he was very familiar with the sights. He had 2 different bases he could send me and I asked him for the highest one. Sorry to here of your difficulty with Williams.  The higher rear sight has worked. I also suggest you burnish the bore as recommended in this forum.

Probably need to recommend to everybody that the vendor custom order the sight with 5/16" rear sight base from Williams rather than ship stock. Let us know if Williams resolves the problem. My 2 calls to them, one for for a bad clamp and the other for a higher base were good. Hopefully you got somebody misinformed and this is not a change in customer policy.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
tdc sight
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 07:23:07 AM »
Has anyone shot slugs or turkey loads through their TDC with just the vent rib and bead? Just wondering if they are all going to shoot low due to the design of the rib. Most of the toppers just have a bead that sits on the barrel and your POA would be higher with just the bead and no rib. Some guns like the Winchester Super X2 have a rib that is much higher near the chamber than at the bead to compensate for this. Just my 2 cents.

Ask Williams for a higher 5/16" BLADE for the rear Fire Sight. This part slips into the slide on the rear sight rail.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline czbuff

• Avid Poster
tdc sight
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 03:24:26 PM »
:roll: called willams today call three its in the mail.wen i called back they new what it wos about . the guy told me he talked to maneger to get it right. know thats servise. that guy don soom research to help me . thats not done much eny more. thanks for the replys guys