Author Topic: Who carries a Makarov  (Read 725 times)

Offline LAREDOBOB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Who carries a Makarov
« on: April 12, 2005, 06:16:49 AM »
Please NO FLAMES. I know its a relatively small cal. but it is a small gun. I was thinking it would be a very light and concealable one to carry. If you carry one what kind of holster do you use. Thanks. :D
"No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country."   T. Roosevelt

Offline rockbilly

Who carries a Makarov
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 04:45:32 PM »
8) I think they are fine little pistols, I have several from different countries and like em all.  If it were all I had, I'd just slip it in the front pocket of my jeans and go.  I also recently picked up a pair of Polish P-64s, its smaller than the Makarov and shoots the 9x18.  I was really impressed with the gun out to about 25-30 yards.  I could keep them on a 25 yard pistol target.

Offline Mohawk

Who carries a Makarov
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 01:11:42 PM »
Works well on attacking raccoons, too. 95gr. FMJ, I think it was. I'm partial to the 7.62x25 in a CZ-52 though. I would carry either in a heartbeat, though.

Offline patm41

• Avid Poster
Who carries a Makarov
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 09:20:12 AM »
I carry a Bulg Mak ,, mostly because its 100% reliable,, and will feed most all ammo i feed it, its very accurate, built like a tank.. but on the other hand its a bit on the hefty size for a all steel gun its size..
did i mention they are cheap, not cheap made but cheap in terms that they are very affordable, in my opinion its a true value for the money..

Offline dogngun

• Avid Poster
Who carries a Makarov
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 11:35:11 AM »
I had a Bulgie and it passed my first test for  carry - it always worked.
They are a little heavy, but they are easy to shoot well, ammo is available and cheap, and they work every time.

Get a few extra mags, practice, and carry it.

Mark      8)