Author Topic: Topper Deluxe Classic (3 1/2" ??)  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Rogmatt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Topper Deluxe Classic (3 1/2" ??)
« on: February 26, 2005, 01:41:56 AM »
MSP or anyone else who has the new Topper Deluxe Classic, does it come with a 3 1/2" chamber?? I thought when it was first advertised it did. Now the site shows it as being up to 3" only, and the Topper Deluxe as up to 3 1/2". Thanks for any help.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 02:14:16 AM »
Hi Rogmatt, That was part of a dual/swap purchase (!!! :-D !!!). I bought the gun and kept the action and stock set and sent the barrel to another. I have e-mailed him and have asked him to check the barrel and advise me. He has already said it fits his other reciever fine and I will hopefully hear from him on the chambering soon. As soon as I get the info I'll post it here for you. The gun I bought was a 2004 manufacture with the prefix HU on the serial number (HU357xxx) and had smooth walnut stocks. I am trying to get them swapped for a checkered set through H&R now....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 03:39:21 AM »
OK Rogmatt, I just heard, the TDC (#HU357xxx) barrel came with a 3" chamber. I checked the 2004 and 2005 catalogs while I was waiting. The TDC is only advertised as coming with a 3" chambered vent rib barrel and no other barrel or chambering is listed. The Topper Deluxe does come with a 3 1/2" chambered barrel but it of course has NO vent rib. In the 2003 catalog the Topper Deluxe also came with the same 3 1/2" chambered barrel....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline mrlizzzard

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 04:17:14 AM »
I 1/2way remmber a post where the 31/2 was mentioned while talking about the TDC.I read something about in in the new Catalog that I left at Walmart,dang it.
lizzzard

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 04:37:09 AM »
The only mention of the 3 1/2" in the new catalog is on page 18. There is one more non relative mention of a 3 1/2" chamber on page 9 but it is in the specs of the 10 gauge (SB2-MAB) and 12 (SB1-F10) gauge Pardner Turkey guns.
From page 18 of the 2005 catalog: "The Topper Deluxe is available in 12 gauge with a 3 1/2" chamber and a screw-in choke that can handle both lead and steel shot."
All references to the TDC indicate a 3" chamber....<><.... :grin:

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 04:51:22 AM »
i know in the catalog it only says 3" but didn't mac get on that had a 3 1/2 " chamber????
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 06:51:46 AM »
Yes I did :grin:

My serial # is HU306XXX and is clearly marked Topper Delux 12 gauge 3-1/2" chamber...with a circle and a P inside it...it has the non-cherkerd stocks on it...might be a end run on 2004 receivers with a 2005 barrel on it????

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 07:20:52 AM »
Mac I see your barrel says "Topper Deluxe" on it. Is it a Topper Deluxe "Classic" with the vent rib? I have to ask, I am sure it is, but you said it was marked "Topper Deluxe". You might have gotten just what you said, since the TDC I got was HU3579xx (about 2000 frames between our serial numbers) and has a 3" chamber....<><.... :?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2005, 07:24:10 AM »
Mac I see your barrel says "Topper Deluxe" on it. Is it a Topper Deluxe "Classic" with the vent rib? I have to ask, I am sure it is, but you said it was marked "Topper Deluxe". You might have gotten just what you said. The TDC I got was HU3579xx and has a 3" chamber :?  Now I'm really confused, what do these serial numbers mean when it comes to chamber length? If they mean anything at all....<><.... :?

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2005, 07:29:21 AM »
It says Tooper Deluxe...not classic...thats strange :shock:  And it does have the vent rib and choke tube in it too.......looks like I might have a very early barrel with a vent rib added on it...that's the only thing I can think of...since it's a 3-1/2" chamber

The number on the box is...SB1-118...what's going on here????????

Mac

Offline czbuff

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2005, 11:46:26 AM »
:-) i just got mine today it is 3" only it has a hv seral number and is marked on barrel topper deluxe classic. it hase checkerd stock also i dont know what you got but at sport south web site it says the tdc is a 3 1/2 chamber so who knows
it only takes one shot.if ya need more.go sight in your gun!!!

Offline Woodbutcher

• Contributor
TDC 3''
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2005, 12:01:49 PM »
I got mine in Nov. I think. Topper Delux Classic, Vent Rib, ..Three inch chamber, no checkering, walnut stock. Three inch is fine with me, but checkering would be nice.                            Woodbutcher

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2005, 01:56:26 PM »
Mac, the number on my TDC box is the same as yours SB1-118. I believe that is the right model number....<><.... :grin:

Offline Juette

Sports South has the TDC listed in stock with 3 1/2" ch
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2005, 02:45:34 PM »
Item
Number Item
Description SSSRP
89150 H&R SB1-118 TOPPER DLX CLASSIC 12 28VR $211.36

http://www.hr1871.com/  

View Larger Image  
HARRINGTON AND RICHARDSON Topper Classic Deluxe Single Shot ShotgunAn upgrade version of the Topper is now available in 12 gauge with aventilated rib and choke tube system (modified tube provided). TheTopperĀ® Deluxe Classic features a 28" barrel with a bead front sight,and a nickel-plated receiver. The stock is genuine American Walnut witha ventilated recoil pad.Specifications:Model:       TopperĀ® Deluxe ClassicGauge:      12 GaugeAction:      Break open single shotFinish:      Nickel plated steelChamber:   2 3/4", 3" &  3 1/2"Sights:           Bead frontChoke:       Screw-in modifiedBarrel:      28" Bued barrel with ventilated ribStock:      American black walnut pistol grip stock with      ventilated recoil padOAL:       43"Length of Pull: 14-1/4"Drop at Comb:   1-1/4"Drop at Heel:   2-1/4"Weight:    5-6 lbs.SSI#   Mfg#      Description----------------------------------------------------------------------89150  SB1-118       H&R Topper DLX Classic 12Ga 28" Bbl

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »
Good Info Juette, Thanks. Mine came from Sports south about 2 weeks ago with a 3" chamber and smooth stocks. I think if you guys want the checkered stocks and the 3.5" chamber you better order it through a smaller store and specify just what you want since getting them through Sports South via Wal Mart seems to be a crap shoot, you get whatever they grab next. Of course, some have no use for a 3.5" chamber and some like and prefer smooth stocks on a shotgun, so I guess it's "whatever floats your boat"!!!!....<><.... :grin:

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2005, 07:36:52 PM »
Well...looks like I won't worry too much about it...I still think I'll give them a call Monday and see if they can fill me in...Thanks for all the good info on it...

Mac

Offline mrlizzzard

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2005, 12:57:03 AM »
Mac ,
                   Please let us know about your call.I was listening when the lady from Walmart called Mid South asking for 31/2,the guy on the other end said only 3" at this time.But it sounded like the 31/2's were coming or available from the company.
lizzzard

Offline Juette

TDC 3 1/2 " listed on gunbroker.com
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2005, 01:41:56 PM »
There is a TDC listed on gunbroker.com

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=29313642

I've got to get me one of these!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2005, 06:53:16 AM »
Quote from: mrlizzzard
Mac ,
                   Please let us know about your call.I was listening when the lady from Walmart called Mid South asking for 31/2,the guy on the other end said only 3" at this time.But it sounded like the 31/2's were coming or available from the company.
lizzzard

mrlizzard...and everyone ...

Just got off the phone with NEF...and discussed my TDC with a really great guy in C/S...John was his name...he looked up all the paticulars on my gun...and here's what he said...

Mine...was built...7-22-04...and it is listed as a Tooper Deluxe Classic... special ordered and built for a distributer...Fuantleroy  Supply Company...

This was one of several "Pre-Orders/Special Orders" that the distributors were putting in last year...and they apparently got a ton of request forthem...everything they have made...as John puts it...has gone out the door...and they can barely keep up with the demand for them...

Sooo.... even though it was a special order...I got one of the first 3-1/2" Topper Deluxe Classics... :mrgreen:  :yeah:

So..the 3-1/2" are out there...and will be showing up sometime soon...unless you can locate one of your distributors that has these early ones in stock...

And as as side note...all the stocks are done in house...and the checkering is all done by hand by NEF craftsmen...even the wood that is on the Chinese imports...it's all done in house and sent there for assembly...

Mac