Author Topic: Are there any pistolsmiths among us. TopBreak 22 Question  (Read 913 times)

Offline Jeffery8mm

• Trade Count: (59)
  • A Real Regular
Are there any pistolsmiths among us. TopBreak 22 Question
« on: February 12, 2005, 03:27:04 AM »
While it is not an H&R, it is a Iver Johnson Model 844 8 shot 22 top break and it is BROKE.  I was all but given the gun in a trade [ thank goodness ]
I know that the Iver Johnsons never were a GREAT pistol but I kinda like this old ugly gun.  And since I dont have a lot of cash in it, I may be willing to get it back in servicable order.  
What happened was: I was shooting it and the little thing [ thats tech talk ya know] under the cyl in the frame fell out. therefore the cyl will not rotate .  I take it all apart to see what happened and then I got scairt.[more tech talk] Now I just want to find someone to fix it for me for a reasonable sum of money!!  Any takers or suggestions? PM me if so!

Thanks
Jeff
With proper care and maintenance the human body will last a lifetime! :)

Offline Varminter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Are there any pistolsmiths among us. TopBr
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 12:38:11 PM »
The best thing i can tell you to do is check egunparts.com and you can find the replacement part you need. I just did the same thing to the bolt of my very first gun.......a Daisy Model 8 22 lr. They sell the parts pretty cheap to.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.