Author Topic: any help finding 3 new mexico 2005 antelope tags?  (Read 608 times)

Offline thelaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
any help finding 3 new mexico 2005 antelope tags?
« on: January 17, 2005, 02:55:09 AM »
any info would be appreciated

Offline DesertRam

• Avid Poster
any help finding 3 new mexico 2005 antelope
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 10:44:52 AM »
If you have the funds, check the NMG&F website on July 1 for a list of landowners with available tags and start making phone calls.  If they haven't sold them to an outfitter you can expect to pay $1,000 to $1,500 per tag.  Unless you "know someone," I doubt you'll get a tag in a good area much cheaper - supply and demand and all that marketing mumbo jumbo.  Many landowners sell all their tags to outfitters who will charge you $2,500 to $3,500 apiece for fully guided hunts.  If you're feelin' lucky, put in for the public draw by April 9.  You don't have a very good chance of getting drawn, but you never know...

Sorry, wish I could be more help.

Offline Spyro Andes

• Avid Poster
any help finding 3 new mexico 2005 antelope
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 01:55:46 PM »
the Law,

I can hook you up w/ a landowner permit and a guided hunt.

The outfitter that alot of group books hunts with, might have 4 more spots opening up on one of his hunts.

A "ranch only" landowner permit + 2x1 guiding = $2,000

Remember, in NM, eventhough you bought a landowners permit, you still need to pay the state $211.

The hunt is about 100 miles east of Alberquerque and 80"+ antelope is the name of the game.

Honestly, if a guy is willing to be a little choosey (it is hard for a guide to tell a client "no don't shoot the biggest antelope of your life and wait for a bigger one"),  chances are that a guy is going to get a book goat in his crosshairs.

If you are interested, shoot me a personal message or an e-mail at spyro@monsterantelope.com

I am trying to lock up a Non-NM Landowner permit for antelope in a unit that I know has a 91"+ antelope (80" is B&C minimum for awards, 82" is minimum for all-time book & 95" is the world record) living in it.

I have found 4 tags but I almost choked when  I hear what he wanted for them.  I'll eventually find that tag at a reasonable price.

SA

PS.  Generally, you can pick up a decent deal of a late purchase NM Elk Permit but the NM antelope permits sell quick.

PPS.  Here are some references for those that aren't familiar with scoring antelope or what a monster looks like.

Here is one of the Co-World Record Antelope (95")

Here is the other Co-World Record Antelope (95")

Here is how you score them...  You do both horns...