Author Topic: Help, I'm dying here!  (Read 520 times)

Offline turkeyhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Help, I'm dying here!
« on: March 05, 2005, 02:09:52 AM »
I had my receiver at the factory getting a 12ga barrel fitted when I heard that they had some of the TDC barrels ready for the accessory program.  One call later and an extra check sent their way and my order was changed for me.  Well, now shipped from the factory on Wednesday and I made the huge mistake of getting the tracking number.  So even though it is a sin for me to do it I have been going to the UPS website to watch it's progress.  (I work for FedEx so the keyboard burns my fingers each time I type up..,  Up...., ...ps,  Oh heck, you get the idea)  :)  

Well, needless to say I am on the edge of the seat watching this thing make the slow trek across the US.  Now I go in there this morning and it left Knoxville last night and made it to Memphis this morning so it is within about 20 miles of home!  So close yet so far!  Ugh!  Waiting is such a hard thing to do!  Monday can't come soon enough.
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Help, I'm dying here!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 05:10:41 AM »
All good things comes to he who waits

Or so the old saying goes...but I know  that doesn't help a-lot :)  :)

So I'll tell you what my dear ole Grandmother used to tell us when we were kids..." Don't wish you life away... Monday will be here soon enough...and then it will be gone..."

Have fun with the new barrel... :D

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Help, I'm dying here!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 08:37:42 AM »
Hang in there buddy. I feel your pain.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline turkeyhunter

• Avid Poster
Help, I'm dying here!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 02:42:28 AM »
Well it came in so now I am the proud owner of a Topper Deluxe Classic barrel.  Mine came in with 3" chamber.  I was hoping for the 3.5 but what the heck I am still happy with it.  The only thing I didn't care for is they had to put a new forearm on my gun to fit the new barrel.  I installed a Hastings choke and it looks great!   Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get out and shoot it some.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Help, I'm dying here!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 07:29:05 AM »
Thats fine Turkeyhunter, I trust they sent you back your old forearm also?....<><.... :cry:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline turkeyhunter

• Avid Poster
Help, I'm dying here!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 09:56:49 AM »
They did include the old forearm that was stained to match the stock.  I don't think it will take more than a few minutes to make that one fit.  The lockup is really tight on this gun.  Maybe even just a little tighter then I would like so I have some work to do on it to be ready.  My father in law also has a barrel on order.  He would like to figure out a way to mount a red dot on it but I don't know if I will do the same.  If I had more time before turkey season I would get this new barrel's forcing cone worked on.