Author Topic: Attn: Cookieman, Mannlicher forearm on 12 gauge  (Read 443 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Attn: Cookieman, Mannlicher forearm on 12 gauge
« on: March 11, 2005, 09:22:24 AM »
Cookieman I hope this works, it is a picture of the Mannlicher forearm on a 24" 12 gauge Tracker II barrel...Others take it for whats it's worth, if it works....<><.... :grin:

"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Tracker II Mannlicher
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 10:57:46 AM »
MSP Ret

GOOD JOB !!  I think it looks great.  Wonder if you could do that with a USH 20ga in 22in youth barrel.  Can you still use the open sights by just pulling the scope off the rail or do you have to pull the rail too.?   What you have done with that barrel is what I would like to do with a 20ga. Ultra in 22in.  I only have a 12ga Tracker II barrel at the present time.  I also like the use of the straight stock.  Would that be harder to handle than the pistol  grip stock?

Any way, IT LOOKS GREAT.  THANKS A LOT. :-D  :-D
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Attn: Cookieman, Mannlicher forearm on 12 g
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 12:42:12 PM »
Thats an old H&R straight stock I found on e-bay. Regrettably the scope rail has to come off before the iron sights can be used. I think the H&R Mannlicher forearm really looks best on a 22" barrel as on the 45-70. I put it on the 24" Tracker II barrel so, as per your request, you could see what it looked like, and guess what, I found out it handles GREAT with the straight buttstock...<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Tracker II Mannlicher
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 08:54:25 PM »
I like the looks of that stock on the 45-70 also.  Someone posted a pic of that.  Sometime down the line I will have at least one Mannlicher in my collection.  Thanks for the picture and the comments. :grin:
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"