Author Topic: Concealed Carry and Coronado Leather...  (Read 713 times)

Offline Medbill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Concealed Carry and Coronado Leather...
« on: May 22, 2005, 05:34:15 AM »
Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone might be interested in another carry option. I've been wearing one of their "classic old west vests" http://www.coronadoleather.com/view.aspx?i=139&c=7&p=0 for about a month now and all I can say is I LOVE IT and no that's not me modeling it.  I found a retailer that sells them for a much better price than buying direct, even beats the LEO discount offered by Coronado. The price is what kept me away until now, I paid $127 each.

I've been comfortably carrying my Colt Agent revolver and recently switched over to my Kimber Ultra CDP. NOBODY will know your carrying and the Kimber is actually easier to draw with its checkered front strap and extra mags in the right side pocket. Two big snap pockets "holsters" inside on each side, eyeglass pocket on the right and a small zippered one on the right as well. Great quality and great concealment. Not as fast as drawing from the hip but its better to have it than not. I have a second one coming in a different style and color. Good guys to deal with too and discount for buying more than one, etc. If I were still riding I'd buy one of their biker vests too!

Contact www.Triggerfin.com for more info.

Billy

--------------------
Never Forget

http://members.cox.net/classicweb/Heroes/heroes.htm

Offline jhm

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 04:24:09 PM »
The only problem with a vest is it screams out loud carrrying a handgun, and that could be dangerous to the wearer. :D    JIM

Offline Medbill

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 05:20:44 PM »
Jim,

Did you look at the vests?  Where does it scream out loud I'm carrying a handgun???  First time I ever heard that, guess it depends on where you live and who you hang out with...maybe.  Guess that means all the guys riding bikes in the summer are packing?  The cut is high so it wouldn't cover a pancake holster and barely cover an inside the pants if you were to lean over or anything.

I think walking around with one stiff arm screams it more than anything else.  To a trained eye you might get some attention, to the average perp he will be clueless as most people are as well.

B

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 07:09:26 PM »
Over the span of 62 years I've spent on this planet I've seen probably several hundred people wearing leather vests and NEVER did the thought come to mind that the wearer was pack'n heat.  What utter poppycock!!
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline BillH

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 01:43:52 AM »
Quote from: Dusty Miller
Over the span of 62 years I've spent on this planet I've seen probably several hundred people wearing leather vests and NEVER did the thought come to mind that the wearer was pack'n heat.  What utter poppycock!!

Dusty Miller, I have to agree with you.  Then again, I have noticed that jhm is pretty negative with his responses.  Check other posts he has responded to.

BillH

Offline jhm

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 05:19:47 AM »
Billy :  Yes I did look at the vest, and how many people wear a vest as normal attair anymore other than biker who I personally know several hundred, talk to most leo and they will tell you fanny packs, plain leather vests, loose shirts are some of the first things to look at, but if thats what a person wants to wear that their business but for my personal taste and oppinion I will try another route, and billh your statement dont even desearve a responce. :D    JIM

Offline Savage

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 07:42:54 AM »
The  primary  thing I look for in concealment is to carry in such a way that you do not look out of place. Where I live, anyone wearing a vest in 100 degree heat, with humidity to match, is darn sure going to look out of place. The only ones wearing a fanny pack are dudes and tourists. What may be acceptable in NY, doesn't always fly in the south. Glad your vest works for you in your part of the world. Down here it's pocket holsters, belly bands, and ankle rigs, and of course the IWB with an untucked shirt. I think that is the point jhm was trying to make. Nice vest though!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Elkslayer

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 06:21:00 AM »
Quote from: jhm
... how many people wear a vest as normal attair anymore   JIM

Guess ya don't get out west much do ya? Not any too unusual in parts of CO, most of WYO, MT, ID etc. etc.   :cb2:

Boots, jeans (most of the time), belt with buckle, vest, and c'boy hat. Pretty much normal attire. I just left my bank and saw several dressed this way and one worked there!

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 08:50:49 AM »
Hey Savage, I don't have any problem look'n like a tourist!  Maybe that's the best cover yet.  Just get a silly look'n hat and hang a cheap camera around your neck, the fanny pack would look like part of the program.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Savage

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 01:13:13 PM »
Ya know, Dusty, you might just have something there!!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,