Author Topic: Custom Ruger Old Army ~ Smaller Caliber  (Read 823 times)

Offline Old No7

• Trade Count: (0)
Custom Ruger Old Army ~ Smaller Caliber
« on: April 01, 2005, 03:20:07 PM »
My apologies to those who opened this post hoping to see some awesome custom work...

Anyway, I was quite impressed with the custom .50 caliber ROA which was posted recently.  Years back, when Shooting Times ran one of their "Christmas Wish List" reports, I sent in a letter requesting the following...

A 5-shot .36 caliber SS cap 'n ball revolver, built on the Single Six frame.  By Ruger, of course, named the "New Navy".

ST never printed the letter, and to date -- sigh -- Ruger hasn't adopted my idea.

What do you think?!?!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment...  One cannot exist without the other."  © 2000 DTH

Offline Shorty

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 12:46:04 PM »
Old No 7,
Ruger probably figures that it couldn't compete with Italian copies of .36 Rem's or Colts.  Personally, I'd rather have a repro.
UMO '70

Offline jgalar

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 01:36:05 AM »
I would love to have a store bought 36 with adjustable sights! They make the Remington 44 with adjustable sights, why not a 36....

Offline EdSmith

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 07:38:53 PM »
I would buy one,or mabey two. one cause i ain't got one,the other one just because. I think they would sell just fine,a lot of us rather buy american when we can.  :grin:  ed smith
if it ain''''t broke,you ain''''t trying hard enough :D