Author Topic: Rare one, Ruger Vaquero 40S&W  (Read 1373 times)

Offline patm41

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Rare one, Ruger Vaquero 40S&W
« on: April 03, 2005, 08:24:14 AM »
I was at the local shop last week and saw and held a Ruger Vaquero
chambered in 40 S&W  ,, was nib in polished stainless..
The owner told me that these were a special production gun and they are not listed in Rugers catalog.. They were made for a major state law enforcement organization as parade dress weapons..  and the overrun productions were sold to the public thru select dealers..
The only thing different i saw was that the cyl was bored to headspace the rounds...
No this one was not for sale ,, but was told that one pops up on the auction sites every now and then ,, and dew to the caliber worth buying

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 10:24:12 AM »
There was also a run made for one of the larger distributors - davidson's I think which had a Vaquero as a convertable model in .40 caliber.  One cylinder was chambered for .40 S&W.  while the other was I think chambered for .38-40.  The latter would be neat in the Vaquero frmae but having a modern style cartridge (.40 S&W) in a SAA style frame just isn't well...right.
"Never Surrender, Just Carry On."  - G.S.

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 02:59:14 PM »
Yes, Davidson's did have a 38-40/40 S&W convertible for sale a year or two back in a polished stainless. They were a speciality item and could have been ordered through Davidson's web site because I almost ordered one. I was searching their site rather often for particular calibers and that Ruger Vaquero came up as a convertible in the 40 or 10mm with a 38-40 cylinder in polished stainless. No doubt a piece not produced in large quantities but it wasn't exclusive to law enforcement and was available to the public.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!