Author Topic: Hi  (Read 340 times)

Offline lonewolf04422

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi
« on: February 14, 2006, 08:13:23 AM »
After looking at different forums i joined this one because i heard alot of people suggesting this one for nef questions. I lived in burlington county new jersey (south jersey) till i was 17 then moved here to maine. When i moved here i got serious about hunting since new jersey shotgun season is only 6 days as here i get almost a whole month :-) . Well ive been mostly hunting for deer with my nef pardner 12 gauge modified im short on cash so getting a rifle right now is out of the question is there anyway to improve this gun for the upcoming deer season? I havent added anything to it since i dont know what u can add to it but msp ret suggested i sight i could get for it since i was wanting a brighter one thinking of buying one next time i go to wally world. Since this is a smoothbore gun how many of u shoot rifled slugs out of it and get some what good results? Or should i go with the buckshot? I dont know anyone really in my area to hunt with so im limited to deer and red squirrel. I got some number 8`s for those little critters (im a cheap hunter) but havent got one yet. I thought about for my next gun either a handi rifle in .243 or lately i been eye balling the pump or semi auto. I know the pump runs around $140-150 what does the semi run? Im leaning towards the shotguns only because i wont have to load a shell in after every shot and it would probably be better for me in the future if i decide to get into waterfowl or rabbits. Just wanted to introduce myself.  :D