Author Topic: H&R Pistol ?  (Read 1885 times)

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
H&R Pistol ?
« on: March 30, 2005, 05:35:33 PM »
I've got a H&R pistol that doesn't fire every time the trigger is pulled. It's one of those that you have to pull the center pin and take the cylinder out to load and unload. 622? Is there anyone who does work on these things? The cylinder doesn't turn with the operation of the hammer like it should either. I bought it from a local pawn shop and thought the main spring was bad, it was, and I replaced the captured main spring assembly but the gun still doesn't fire every time nor does the cylinder turn as it should for lockup. Are there any parts supplies around for these things? The finish on this gun looks good but, the lock work isn't up to par.
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!

Offline flyfisher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
H&R Pistol ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 06:50:42 AM »
S.B.,

I've been having some trouble with my H&R 929 pistol as well.  Will not fire with each pull of the trigger even after the mainspring assembly was replaced.  It has gotten noticably better, though.  I'm sure I have a totally different problem than you, however.

If you are looking for a good place to get H&R pistol parts, try:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Numrich Gun Parts Corp.  is the name of the company.  They have more gun parts than I have ever seen, and their prices are very reasonable.  Give them a try.  Fast shipping too.  I can't complain about them one bit.
How'd you like a peek at my 14-incher? (Contender, that is)

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
H&R Pistol ?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 07:10:48 AM »
I'd have to agree, Gun Parts is THE place to look for parts for any gun. But they don't seem to have what I assume I need for my 622 H&R? Thanks for the reply, Steve
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!