Author Topic: point n shoot  (Read 668 times)

Offline flamenblaster

• Trade Count: (0)
point n shoot
« on: March 20, 2005, 03:39:10 PM »
Went shooting again today with my pietta 1860.. tried a lil point shooting..was nailing cans at 10 yds right through the middle..this gun is a natural pointer..just kept both eyes open and looked at the target..raised the gun and fired..WOOHOO!!!  Ive tried this with 357 mag in friends gun (forget what it is), 9mm  in beretta , 44 mag in ruger blackhawk...couldnt hit can sized targerts at all...but today with the 1860...it was almost easy..they went where i looked. Been messing with the front sight..it almost hits to point of aim now..an inch to the left and a lil low (as opposed to way high like before..a lil more filinfg in order)..but today was an eye opener for me..and the most fun ive had in a long time with a handgun. Im thinking its more fun to point shoot this gun and leave the sights for the more "effective"  :-D  modern weapons>
Good friends will come, and good friends will go...but jerks will just accumulate.

Offline flamenblaster

point n shoot
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 03:45:25 PM »
Not knocking modrn weapons btw..and ten yds aint that far...but it was very instinctive..and very fast..i now have no doubt how effective this gun was in 1860..or now for personal defensive situations..just slow to load is all :grin:
Good friends will come, and good friends will go...but jerks will just accumulate.

Offline Will52100

• A Real Regular
point n shoot
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 10:45:22 PM »
You think the 60' army is a point and shoot, you should try the 51' or 61' navy! :)   Old Sam Colt defianatly had it going on with the cap guns.  Course with the crude sights you need it!  The 73' peacemaker with a 5 1/2" barrel is pretty good too.
The thing about freedom, it's never free
www.courtneyknives.com

Offline alpini

• Avid Poster
point n shoot
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 01:29:37 PM »
I don't know about the others but the Colt 1860 is a point shooter. I feel very confident shooting like that. I think with no top strap, the round barrel on the '60 makes it easy combined with the full size grip frame. Very instinctive and natural.