Author Topic: WTB Star lube/sizer  (Read 736 times)

Offline WW1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
WTB Star lube/sizer
« on: February 27, 2005, 01:03:18 PM »
hi all I am looking for a good deal on a Star lube/sizer...probably cant afford one with all the goodies as I am retired now but lets see if anyone has an extra....thanks alot....WW1
All a man has is his word and good name...

Offline SGD

• Trade Count: (1)
WTB Star lube/sizer
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 08:40:34 AM »
I have been watching ebay and the best deal seems to be a new one from Magma for $195.  http://www.magmaengr.com/item.php?id=24

Offline WW1

• Avid Poster
I Agree
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 10:36:41 AM »
thanks for the response....I am beginning to agree....I am going to be patient for a change and wait awhile longer before buying new...keep hearing about the ones that are bought for $150 with dies...hahaha... maybe I will get lucky...thanks again...WW1

Offline WW1

• Avid Poster
Found
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 04:16:58 AM »
well I found a Star...paid $140 so think I got a fair deal..not sure how you cancel this add...I am sure there is a way just havent found it yet....hahaha...thanks again.....WW1

Offline WW1

• Avid Poster
Magma Star
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 04:53:51 AM »
am wondering if any of you have had any experience with the Magma Star?...I keep hearing horror stories, then you go to their web site and they claim it is all untrue rumors...I am going to need a second luube/sizer and after watching to price or the older Stars, am thinking on going the new route...most of them come with dies that force the price way out of line, and they of course arent in cals I will use , so are a waste of money...I keep hearing the newer dies leak, have rubber gaskets that are prone to damage if ever removed to change to another cal...anyway would like some input from all of you experience people....thanks WW1

Offline bobthenailer

• Avid Poster
WTB Star lube/sizer
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 12:46:48 PM »
hi i have a star thats about 20 years old and a magnma/star  thats about 8 to 10  years old . the magnma dies stick when trying to remove them but i found if you  apply a thin coat to the o ring & die body with white litheium grease before installing  the sizer die removes easely. other than that both work perfectly!   good luck bob

Offline Kenneth L. Walters

• Avid Poster
This is non-sense
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 04:57:04 AM »
I've owned probably 8 star made lubricators and 2 from magma.  Other than a paint job change there is NO difference.