Author Topic: I am really confused about WALMART NEF's - Help?  (Read 642 times)

Offline Ridge Runner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
I am really confused about WALMART NEF's - Help?
« on: March 24, 2005, 10:44:56 AM »
I was looking at the NEF Walmart website.

On it it has a picture of a wood, pistol grip .308 with iron sights, but the description states that the rifle has the pistol grip stock, but no iron sights.

I noticed this about a couple of the offerings on the site.

Anyone know what the lodown is? The NEF catalog does not seem to offer a .308 with iron sights.

Anyone have an info on this???

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
I am really confused about WALMART NEF's -
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 10:58:25 AM »
A lot of WM's pics don't match the description and vice versa, I'd go by the H&R web site as far as item description and features/model #....WM does list the model # with each firearm.

www.hr1871.com
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Walmart
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 01:02:05 PM »
Yep, what quick said.  I always go by the NEF # on the Walmart listing and then cross reference to the NEF web site and read it there.  Sometimes, like with the SC2-Y43 combo, you won't be able to find it on NEF because it is a special run item.  You will also find differences when you check descriptions on the guns listed on SportSouth.  I usually check the specs in all three places and if I can't figure it out then I call CS at NEF.  Hope this helps.  Also, check the accessory barrel chart on the NEF site.  Some barrels come with open sites as accessory barrels, but they don't offer it on a complete gun.  Example 30-06.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"