Author Topic: Does LEE PRECISION ever reply to E-Mail?  (Read 719 times)

Offline Robert

• Trade Count: (0)
Does LEE PRECISION ever reply to E-Mail?
« on: March 28, 2005, 11:10:27 AM »
A few weeks back, I ordered the wrong mold from Lee.  I have E-mailed them 3 times in two weeks and still no reply.  Is this normal for Lee Service?  What has been your experience with Lee Service?
....make it count

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 11:28:42 AM »
Robert, I e-mailed them quite awhile back and it took a week for them to reply. I just e-mailed them last fri a.m. about a sprue cutter handle that had broke on the 3rd pull, nothing yet. Seems others have had a long wait in getting a reply, not a good way to keep people happy with their products.

Gun Runner

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 05:49:49 PM »
Dunno about e-mail but they answer their phone regularly. Why not pick up yours and call them? I have found that to be the far superior method of contact with most companies.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 06:15:46 PM »
Robert just tell them that you are getting ready to order something major but this problem came up with the other product that you want to get cleared up first.
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 06:29:33 PM »
It's really not necessary to be in any way deceptive with Lee. They really have great customer service on their products. Just call them and tell them the facts and they will do what they can to make it right.

Heck once not all that long ago me and John Lee had a real serious misunderstanding and I wasn't real nice in explaining what I wasn't gonna do in regard it. Things were shaky for a day or so but in the end we worked it out to what I assume was both our satistaction.

Just recently when I called to see if they would donate some stuff for the NEF Prairie Dog shoot door prizes I spoke with John Lee about it. He hasn't forgotten the previous "discussions" we had but he agreed to send the items requested. If he wanted to be difficult he sure could have and just said no but didn't.

Just be up front with them. They respect truth and honesty. Not deceit.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline TennesseeNuc

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 09:28:27 PM »
Robert,
I'll second that vote for the telephone.  Eventhough most companies offer e-mail adresses, they seem to be set up to best handle service requests with a one on one on the phone.
I think that sometimes an e-mail sent doesn't have someone,on the other end, that will get aroundtuit.
Best,
TnNuc

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 03:09:44 AM »
This has always been a pet peeve of mine, especially with the advent of the internet.  Don't offer a service unless you intend to fully support it.  Email is electronic and  fast, so you better treat it accordingly.  Snail mail is slow and every one expects it to takes several weeks to get a response.

There are an awfull lot of companies that don't offer email contact and this is the reason why, they are not perpared to properly support it.

Offering email contact and then taking weeks to respondf or without posting notice that it takes a period of time to respond is bad business practice.

Offline Odinbreaker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
Lee Products
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 03:29:40 AM »
I have been using Lee products for 25 years.  Any problem was solved with one phone call.  Great customer service in my estimation.
Working hard to go Broke!

Offline tom barthel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Lee Precision
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 03:07:04 AM »
Call them. (262)673-3075.  Doesn't cost much to ask.  You may get your problem solved.
Tom

Offline Robert

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 04:28:37 AM »
Thanks Guys.  I will call.
....make it count

Offline leverfan

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 09:36:26 AM »
Spam blockers may be filtering out your email.  That happened to me when I tried to email Kimber.  It's not the company's fault if your email has a "high junk rating."  Just one of the wonders of the modern age.  Try the phone or snail mail.  When I've needed special orders from Lee, they sent the product in less than half the time they said it would take, so their customer service isn't too bad.
NRA life member