Author Topic: Starting over....  (Read 546 times)

Offline Rob P.

• Trade Count: (0)
Starting over....
« on: March 30, 2005, 09:32:18 AM »
Well, after some very hard financial times, things are looking up again. About a year ago things got bad enough I had to sell most of an extensive collection of C&B revolvers and some other guns and things just to keep up with bills and such along with a surprise :eek:  third son who came along last fall. Well now I am starting to save up the stash again and start my collecting over again. I kept an Uberti 1860 Army and 1849 colt pocket, but about twenty other revolvers ended up having to sell. I miss'em but am now looking forward to starting over again. As my older two boys ages 8 and 10 are also hooked after having started shooting the 1849 last fall, I think my first couple replacements will be of the 1862 pocket navy/ police type. Although I seriosly miss my 3rd model dragoon. I have not posted in about a year either, hard to read about all this when going through what we did. But I hope to be posting more again in the future. It's good to be back!! :P
Rob P.

Offline ribbonstone

• Avid Poster
Starting over....
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 12:04:29 PM »
Welcome back (although I wasn't here a year ago)....only nice thing about staring over is that you can avoid any mistakes made in the past....we learn to live with the "problem child" revolvers, but that doesn't mean we should go looking to replace them.

Will rate the little Pocket Navy or Pocket Police as my most fun cap-and-ball guns....definately on my "buy again" list if these have to go by-by.

Offline Rob P.

Starting over....
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 09:44:08 AM »
I pretty much liked what I had, mostly uberti's, but I am in no hurry to replace my Army and Calvary type Lemats. Only ever fired the Army version and take down once fouled was rather difficult. Will probably stay away from the DA Starr also. Was constantly fixing handsprings on that one. Although when it worked it was definatly cool.
First on the list is going to be the 1862 pockets, and then the 3rd model dragoon. After that it is based on my whim of the moment. Never had one of the long barrrelled types, so I may give them a try.
  Mostly I just like making smoke, and the two I have kept could use a rest.

Rob

Offline Ramrod

Starting over....
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 12:29:29 PM »
:D Rob P. My son has claimed my 1849 for his own, great plinker. I like my 1858 Remington, give it a try, they are extremely accurate.
"Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine." Patti Smith

Offline Rob P.

Starting over....
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 01:53:52 AM »
Ramrod, that is another one I had, and intend to replace. Mine was a Pietta from Navy Arms, The barrel had been slightly bent to the left, after I got it straightned, it was a fine shooter.
Rob