Author Topic: Need stock to get new barrel fitted?  (Read 533 times)

Offline PistolPete

• Trade Count: (0)
Need stock to get new barrel fitted?
« on: March 23, 2005, 10:47:16 AM »
Hey guys, I'm in the middle of a stock swap, and would like to ship the receiver out and get a new barrel put on it.  The website says to include the stock but I won't have one, is it necessary or has anyone here done it without?  Thanks,

Pete

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 11:16:10 AM »
Deadeye won't send anymore stocks with his cuz they beat em up in shipping, so he only sends the frame, works for him!! :wink:
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 12:36:52 PM »
That never made sense to me. Why incur extra shipping charges for a stock they don't need? If they did require it, and distressed the stock, they or the insurance should be held responsible.

Don

Offline Mitch in MI

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 04:25:26 PM »
I would think a "shop stock" for test firing would make more sense than sending all of ours in with the frames.

Offline stiff neck

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 04:13:25 AM »
It would take that much longer to get the job done.  They seem to be really far behind right now anyways.  I'm still waiting after 7 full weeks.  I mailed (priority) mine out 49 days ago for one barrel and a trigger job.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 04:18:06 AM »
Hi Stiff Neck, did you ever get those o-rings and the flat rubber washer? Which one fit the best, the large,medium, or small one? Did you try the rubber washer? I thought it would work well but I'm not sure I like it as much as a piece of business card or an o-ring. Did any of them help the grouping of your gun?....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline stiff neck

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 04:33:36 AM »
I haven't gotten my darn barrel back yet, so I don't know which one works best.  Thanks again for the o-rings, I'll try them out as soon as my gun arrives...

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 05:05:47 AM »
OK S.N., Good luck, the middle size o-ring worked best for me, it fit best anyway....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley