Author Topic: Revolver info needed  (Read 611 times)

Offline ihuntbucks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • A Real Regular
Revolver info needed
« on: May 06, 2005, 12:57:46 PM »
Hey fellows,I have come across an fairly old revolver that my father-in-law had.It is a 5 shot .32 long made by Titan Mfg. Corp,Miami,Fla.Model is "Titanic".I have did some searches on web,but have found nothing.Anybody have any info on this little revolver?.......Rick
"Traveling East" F&AM #261  RAM #105  R&SM #69  KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something"

Offline oso45-70

• Trade Count: (0)
Handgun General Discussions
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 06:36:23 PM »
Rick,

I looked through all my junk and can't find any thing that might help you.
I'll bet there wasn't many put on the market. Good luck on your search.
..............Joe................
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain

Offline Savage

Revolver info needed
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 02:37:12 AM »
At some point in time I ran across a "Titan" pistol. Can't remember much about it. Seems like it was a break top revolver that was imported in the 50s thru early 60s. As I recall, quality and price was about what you'd expect of this type of revolver. Let us know if you find any info on the gun. These old revolvers have always intrigued me.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
Revolver info needed
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 02:37:32 AM »
I have a list of firearm trade names from 1962 and it doesn't come up there either. Good Luck.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline kjeff50cal

• Contributor
Revolver info needed
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 06:36:31 AM »
If my memory serves me right that revolver was made in Germany and imported by FIE. It sold new for $25 to $35. It was one of the "targets" of Saturday Night Special legislation Sen. Ted Kennedy tryed to ram down our throats. My dad had one that was given to him by a cousin who was a police detective. It was a very solid little gun based on H&R designs (except it did not have a transfer bar safety so keep the hammer down on an empty chamber).

kjeff50cal
Ignorance leads us into the darkness, Knowlege leads us out.

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
Revolver info needed
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 03:42:40 PM »
I also found a couple of references from a Google search that mentioned Titan and FIE. There were a couple of references to a .25 automatic and a revolver, but no details at all.
Romans 8:38,39

Offline ihuntbucks

• A Real Regular
Revolver info needed
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 05:54:42 PM »
Hey guys,thanks for info thus far.Heres some pics I took of revolver;maybe they will help.......Rick[/img]

"Traveling East" F&AM #261  RAM #105  R&SM #69  KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something"

Offline kjeff50cal

• Contributor
Revolver info needed
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 08:00:31 PM »
That is it and it looks like the button/retaining pin that hold the cylinder pin is missing. You might find the assembly at the Numrich gun parts website gunpartscorp.com but thats iffy.

kjeff50cal
Ignorance leads us into the darkness, Knowlege leads us out.

Offline ihuntbucks

• A Real Regular
Revolver info needed
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 06:21:04 PM »
Thanks for info.Looked on Numrich.No luck.FIE listed but not my gun.Oh well,guess I could stick a cork or a piece of corncob in hole to secure retaing pin  :grin: .I don't think I want to shoot it anyway.But probably will try it :evil: .............Rick