Author Topic: Mueller  (Read 1467 times)

Offline DEPUTY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
Mueller
« on: February 28, 2005, 03:05:28 AM »
Had a chance to check out the rest of the line and talk to rich and his crew this past week cant say enough about him or his team. glad to have meet yah and talk shop.

great scope and great crew.

remember rich>

30mm tube
3x12-44mm
side focus
4 inches eye relief :-D

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.muelleroptics.com
Mueller
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 08:45:28 AM »
Your not going to give up on that scope are you Steve  :)
We had a great time too and it was a pleasure to finally get to meet you outside of cyber space.

MO
Rich

Offline plateshooter

Mueller
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 11:40:09 AM »
Since the topic said Mueller, I thought I would throw this in.  I just received a 4x16x50 sport dot from The Optic Zone yesterday, and had it outside today to check out the optics.  It is just as clear as my Pentax 12X50mm binoculars which are the best optics I've ever looked through.
I'm impressed, and glad I made the purchase.
one shot, one plate

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
Mueller
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 02:06:06 PM »
While we are on the subject I received 8.5-25 Mueller Mon. it looks like it will do what I want. I haven't tried it out yet if the weather holds maybe this weekend. It is not for hunting, but outdoing my buddy at long range, his eyes are better than mine.
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
Mueller
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 02:06:27 PM »
Nope, hey rich did i mention i would like a scope!

maybe a 3x12-44
30mm tube
side focus
4 inches eye relief

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Mueller
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 04:17:17 PM »
Still waiting on that new 1" tube 2-7 with under 40mm Objective Rich. I'd like to see it offered without the red dot also. Both ways is fine but without would suit all of my personal uses.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
Mueller
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 02:16:15 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Still waiting on that new 1" tube 2-7 with under 40mm Objective Rich. I'd like to see it offered without the red dot also. Both ways is fine but without would suit all of my personal uses.

Bill,
We were having Hakko develop the scope under our specifications and they claimed the new design would have a LTF of at least 96%. They sent us preliminary drawings back in Oct of 2004 and were suppose to bring the sample with them to the Shot Show but never did, claiming it wasnt complete. Since then we have not heard from them even after many attempts to contact them so we decided we cannot and will not work with a company with such a lack of communication and delay's. Unfortunatly this will put a major delay on this design as we seek another supplier which I am currently doing. Basically, we will have to start all over again.

Sorry to get your hopes up so early

Thanks for everyone else's feedback, we wish you success in all of your hunting and shooting adventures.

MO
Rich

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
Mueller
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 03:48:41 AM »
Hummm Rich, dont forget about me!  :)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Mueller
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 06:54:18 AM »
Hope you get that 2-7 worked out Rich. It and the 3-9 power range really are the best selling power ranges over all and where all of my personal scopes usually fall except for varmint/target only use.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
Mueller
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2005, 10:22:56 AM »
Got my 8.5-25 Mueller out to the range this morning --very clear I think it is going to do what I wanted. Had hi gusting winds so I won't talk about my poor shots. :D
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline Squeeze

• Avid Poster
Mueller 4-16x50
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 04:01:36 AM »
I have had my Mueller 4-16 Sport Dot, mounted on a Tikka T-3 Lite, in .223 Rem.,
out on the the range twice, since receiving it from TOZ.  I am impressed with
the clarity, on this scope.  I have had a couple of windage adjustments that
have me wondering if that adjustment is crisp, but I was shooting 55gr. PSP reloads,
through a new barrel, really just doing scope zeroing/barrel break-in groups, so
the variences I saw, may be gun/ammo related, rather than scope related...Or it
could have been the nut behind the trigger.  Now that I am through the scope zeroing,
and will be switching over to intial load development, I will get a better idea of
crispness in windage and elevation adjustments.  But with that said, so far I am
very happy with this Mueller scope.  

Suggestions for improvement:

1.  Intensity adjustments could be reduced to 3, or just to very light sealed on/off
switch.

2.  Eye relief could be a little longer, and a bit more forgiving, on the higher
magnification settings.  Although, the Mueller Optics eye relief is very comparable
to my Bushnell 4200s.

3.  Offer a ballistic plex reticule.

Things not to change:

1. The optics quality

2. The price

The one Mueller Optics scope I currently own suggests a very good valure, given
my limited sample size.  I will be increasing the sample size, until Mueller Optics
gives me reason to not purchase more.  This has happened with Nikon, and Weaver.
Nothing terribly wrong with Nikon, or Weaver, just not the great value I thought
they would be.  Bushnell is still on my "Great Value" list, and Mueller has just been added.

Squeeze
Walk softly, and carry a 1911

Offline davidprdog

Mueller
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 11:42:21 AM »
:grin: I now own three 8.5-25X50 mueller scopes. They are one of the best scopes on the market today. I have 2 burris 8-32 signature and 1 8-32 nightforce. The mueller is about 25% brighter than the burris scopes. BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK

Offline NimrodRx

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Mueller
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 08:18:38 PM »
I just got on board myself.  There should be a 4-16 Tactical on my door step any day.  The mildot should suit my 17 cal real well.  I'll let you know what I think.
"Make mine a double. Whether I'm ordering drinks or shotguns, it's always served me well!"  :toast:  :toast:

"It's been my experience that those who shoot most often, most often shoot well."  T. Roosevelt

Offline greywolf2112

Mueller
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2005, 03:28:02 AM »
I haven't shot with my 3 Mueller scopes yet, but have spent a lot of time looking through them.

I really like the 2-7x32 scope for close-in work.

The 4-16 Tactical is very nice, just wish it was a 30mm tube with more adjustment for long ranges.

Can't wait to try the Eraticator on my new varmint rifle coming in soon.

I like the very low light settings for the dot reticle - may even be "NV" compatible at the lowest setting.

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
Mueller
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 04:23:10 PM »
I heard a rumor that Sports Authority carries Mueller scopes and since there is one near me I would like to know if it's true?
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
Mueller
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 12:26:25 AM »
Hi rickt300,
Your right its just a rumor, Sports Authority doesnt carry our products.
We do have a meeting with Academy Sports later this month but that would be for stocking them this fall should the come aboard.

Thank
MO

Offline greywolf2112

Mueller
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2005, 12:37:46 AM »
Good God, Rich, you sure are up early today!

Any updates on your discussions with the person I tried to get you in touch with regarding the special Tactical models?

Also wanted to see if you had given any thought to some big/dangerous game models - 1.5-4x20 type scopes - serious need of them at a decent price these days.  I'd love to take one over to Africa on Safari next year.

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
Mueller
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2005, 10:09:56 AM »
Greywolf,
I do tend to get up early (4:30 usually), been that way most of my life.

Never heard from the contact you gave me but do appreciate the effort!

We just received the sample 2-7x36 that we've been waiting 6 months for and my initial impression is that it wasnt worth the wait. The factory claimed it would have a LTF of at least 97% but there's no way it comes close. Although the demo looks awesome, they either need to make some seroius changes or we'll have to pass. It has everything in a scope you could ask for including low profile turrets and a coil spring assembly too. I know Bill (Greybeard) has been waiting for this one but it just doesnt cut it until some imporvements are made.
Its funny you should mention "Safari" because that's exactly what we named it.

Here's a pic
http://www.reddotscopes.com/Mueller_Safari.jpg

MO

Offline greywolf2112

Mueller
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2005, 11:30:32 AM »
Too bad on the Safari scope not working out.  I've always envisioned the BEST safari style scopes to have no more than a 28mm objective, though.  Much better field of view, and a 1x setting on the low end would be ideal for keeping both eyes open for fast target acquisition.  Add a red dot or circle reticle that is illuminated, and you have a winner.

I recently purchased an IOR Valada 1.1x-4x with a 26mm objective, but it has a nice illuminated circle reticle and a 30mm tube, so it is PERFECTLY suited for safari shooting, and as a nice CQB optic.

If you could get something like that produced, you'd be rolling in the dough  8)