Author Topic: just picked up my TDC  (Read 386 times)

Offline sachel.45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
just picked up my TDC
« on: April 01, 2005, 02:04:33 PM »
just picked up my TDC from walmart(which was fun). when i brought the gun home it was really dirty the barrel and the reciever were the dirteist. so i'm gonna pick up the supplies to clean it and a new turkey choke tonight and i'm gonna pattern it tommarow. thanks for everybodyies help i'll post the results tommarrow. now i just have to buy another nef/H&R I'M HOOKED
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
just picked up my TDC
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 02:19:52 AM »
Congratulations Cookieman. There is very little, if any, chance of turning back now so relax and enjoy the ride!!! Just remember to remove the stocks (this pertains to both wood & synthetic stocks) before using spray cans of brake or carb cleaner to clean out the action. Those cleaners work great but will immediately ruin the stock finish....<><.... :wink:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline sachel.45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
just picked up my TDC
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 10:22:06 AM »
um ok. well anyways before i went to go shoot it i went looking for a x-full turkey choke and not a single place has one they have choke tubes for every other gun but not for the winchester,mosseberg,browning. so i patternd it with the modified choke tube and it shot to POA so it should work to about 30 yards. also shooting 3" mags without weight in the buttstocks wasen''t to bad. i'll post again when i get the new choke tube and get some more range time in.
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon