Author Topic: Just got a Used Pardner 12 ga  (Read 668 times)

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Just got a Used Pardner 12 ga
« on: April 03, 2005, 01:12:46 PM »
Went yesterday to hang out at the local gun shop and he just happen to have a used Pardner 12 ga in very good condition on consigment.  Will 50 bucks and some paperwork later it came home with me.  It looks to be almost new.  Course I'm going to burnish the bore on it tonight after I give it a good cleaning.  With this purchase I now have every smooth bore gauge that H&R/NEF makes 410-10 Ga.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 04:08:09 PM »
Congrats on rounding out your collection. What's next? All of the different barrel lengths and configurations? My next quest is looking for an old tracker smooth bore.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 03:01:34 AM »
:grin: Very good, DaveH!
All I need (? :shock: ) is a 28ga and a 16ga to do the same for me....
However, they would displace a couple high end make guns, that  BTW have not seen daylight in quite some time.  I know they are jealous of my NEF/H&R's.
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 11:46:10 AM »
Markus we must be cut from the same cloth as that is what I'm looking for also.  If my 16 ga didn't shoot so darn good I think I'd cut it down and make a slug gun out of it but theres no way I'm gonna do that.  There is just something about the 16 ga that I love...Lets see its was the first shotgun my dad let me hunt with.....Hmmm think that might have something to do with it ????  Childhood ain't it grand.......There nothing better then walking into the woods on a cool crisp morning and reliving your young...I can still hear my dad telling me don't worry about those guys carying the brownings or the Remingtons. Just hit what you aim at and you don't need the extra shots.  This was when I was carrying an old and yes it was old back then Iver Johnson 16 ga.  I still have that old gun but I don't shoot it any more.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline kenbev

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
All gauges
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 08:53:02 AM »
I have the 410  through 12 but don't have a 10 yet. I have a 10 gauge frame with the 12 gauge ultra slug barrell. I also have a 20 ultra slug. I may try to add the 10 gauge barrel later...

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 09:53:11 AM »
Congrats Dave...By the sounds of it you have enough smooth bore pipe to plumb your house...Keep up the good work.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense