Author Topic: Colorado License Prices Going Up????  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
Colorado License Prices Going Up????
« on: March 22, 2005, 12:44:37 PM »
What gives with this?  Is it true that they are going up by a considerable margin?   :eek:   Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 02:44:33 PM »
Probally. As long as the different states can find enough people willing to pay the price, they'll be willing to raise it.
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 05:56:52 PM »
It would not be bad it they were small increases, but I read it may be as much as 300%. For residents it my not be a big jump but for non-residents it looks like it will be substantially more.  :eek:
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline colorado bob

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 07:24:45 PM »
There is bill in the state legislature to incease the cost of RESIDENT tags.       If I remember correctly elk tags would go to $45     Deer & antelope would go to $30.        They would also include the REQUIRED purchase of a $10 Habitat stamp.      1 stamp would be good for all tags.  Not to bad.        Only REAL gripe I have is that they want to raise the cost of a spring turkey tag to $20.     To much for a turkey----when you consider an elk tag is $45.     But I'll pay it------can't stop hunting those gobblers!!   :roll:

The habitat stamp would be required for everyone------both NR & RES.

Offline Don Fischer

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 06:19:32 AM »
How much are you guy's not willing to pay?

As the price of tag's go up, poaching will go up. When poaching goes up, they'll need more enforcement to keep these "theive's" from stealing "your" game. Then to pay for the extra enforcement, the price of tag's go up again. Then, If it's anything like Oregon, fish and waste will try introducing more animal's that they've already failed at. It cost money to run these failed programs the first time and it will the second and third time's also. Fee's go up again to pay for these already proven failed program's. Fee's go up, poaching goes up.............ect. How much are you willing to pay? Fish and game doesn't care what your willing to pay, only what you can afford to pay.

The state of Oregon is trying to plant Mountain Goat's in the Columbia Gourge,,,,,for the third time. The other two time's failed.

Offline Don Fischer

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 06:22:24 AM »
Well I got that backward's. Fish and Game doesn't care what you can afford to pay, only what your willing to pay.

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 01:16:36 PM »
Don Fischer,

You're right and excellent post.  The Colorado Fish & Game should take note that they can price themselves out of the market.  It's happened before.  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline rider

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 06:14:46 PM »
Our tags have been the same price for many years in Colorado.  The cost is not that big of an issue, if you think about what we get back from our funds.  Hunting dollars do a lot for us in this state; if we don't pay for it who will.  As far as Mr. Fischer's comment on poaching going up due to prices going up, that does not sound accurate.  I would like to know if that was his opinion or if that was fact?

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 01:14:11 AM »
rider, I would have to say it is an opinion.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Don Fischer

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 05:56:09 AM »
rider that is opinion but the point is that Fish & Game use's any and all excuses to increase their own budget, and these thing's just snowball out of poportion. Look at all the operation game thief sign's hanging all over the place. Do you really believe that there is that much poaching going on? Where I live poaching would be a very easy thing to get away with but it's not a problem.

Where the problem come's in is these escalating license and tag fee's. And although the non-resident fee's are going up faster, the resident fee's are going up also. The tag's are getting harder to get and many people here can't even hunt in their own back yard. Now you tell me why it is that some people that live 200 mile's from nowhere often can't get a tag to hunt their own back yard? What is it that fish & game does that justifies these increases in license's and tag's? Why do non-resident tag's go up at a higher rate than resident tag's? Follow the money trail!

Offline rider

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 03:37:08 PM »
Thanks for the clarifaction.  I had heard this statement before but had never seen statistics. I was hoping that you might of had some.
I cannot speak for every state but in Colorado the game and fish do a lot for the hunters.  We have many places to hunt right in our backyard. The only other state in which I hunt is Nebraska and it seems to be similar as far as public land. I guess that I thought that every state was this way to.

Offline Spyro Andes

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 11:27:57 AM »
I posted something about this over a month ago...

It is not an if but rather a will...  Colorado will raise prices for residents.

From what I understand it is a minimal increase especially since the last increase in resident prices was in 1991.

Nevermind that it seems like they increase non-resident prices every other year...

Offline skb2706

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005, 05:20:12 AM »
Considering the cost of everything else one price increase in 15 years is actually quite good. I think if you figured the cost of gasoline...the hunting license is a true bargain. So the license cost me $45 ....what does the gas cost to get there.....$100 or more.

Offline BeanMan

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2005, 10:44:17 AM »
I wouldn't want to confuse the issues in a good argument but Colorado Deer and Elk Non resident prices went DOWN by $5 this year.

BeanMan