Author Topic: any more input on ccw in Ny State  (Read 423 times)

Offline slik1

• Trade Count: (0)
any more input on ccw in Ny State
« on: April 04, 2005, 04:22:26 PM »
Would like some more opinions on ccw in Ny state which pemit states restrict to hunt and target? Any more suggestions on applying for full carry?  Thanks again, slik1 :D
slik1

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 09:44:18 AM »
I'm not really clear on your question...Are you saying that you have a NYS Pistol Permit that is restricted to Hunting and Target and you would like to have it amended to allow Concealed Carry as well?  If so, I would contact your local permit office or detectives bureau and inquire on filing for an amendment to your current permit.  Most counties will require a valid reason for amending it to full carry.  I was granted a full carry permit in Niagara County the first time I submitted the original paperwork.  My permit has no restrictions in NYS except NY City.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline chris s

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 03:41:30 PM »
take the 40 hour armed guard course and apply for an amendment for employment.

Offline NYH1

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 11:00:05 AM »
Quote from: chris s
take the 40 hour armed guard course and apply for an amendment for employment.

You have to be careful doing this to. There is a "EMPLOYMENT ONLY" restriction in New York State as well. What you will have to do is "sell it to the judge". My friend went through this. He told the judge that he worked as an armed guard (which he did do long enough to get his carry permit) and wanted a carry permit because he often would see people he had to deal with when he was "off duty". The judge we had at the time was a real you know what, he bought it though and gave him a carry permit!
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"