Author Topic: An update on my vicious dog experience  (Read 693 times)

Offline zapper223

• Trade Count: (0)
An update on my vicious dog experience
« on: April 08, 2005, 07:10:09 PM »
I just wanted to let ya'll know the status of my experience with the dog while coyote hunting. I haven't heard a thing since I wrote my statement for the forestry police. I appreciate the understanding that the vast majority of guys on the site showed me. I still think about the experience often and really wish the outcome would have been different but such is life. Can't dwell on woulda, shoulda ,coulda. I regret having to shoot the dog but would do the same again in such a situation.
                              Thanks to everyone who understood,
                                                                 zapper      :D
U.S. Navy SubForce,Stonewall Jackson,SSBN 634. 1991-1997    
                                The day I quit learning will be my last day on this earth

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 01:50:38 AM »
Yep, dats right zapper, c'est la ve (such as life). I don't think you had a choice in your case to shoot or not to shoot the dog. It was either shoot the dog or end up scarred for the rest of your life from a possible mauling :shock: . I woulda done the same thing if I was in the same situation. Let that be some consolation. Take care.  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline Dali Llama

Re: An update on my vicious dog experience
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 04:04:22 AM »
Quote from: zapper223
I haven't heard a thing since I wrote my statement for the forestry police.
When do statute of limitations time expire in such matter, inquire Dali Llama? :?
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 06:00:40 PM »
Thats good news Zapper. Hope the thing is over for you. It's easy to sit back and express opinions until you are  put in the real situation. :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 03:51:11 AM »
The forestry folks probably told the guy he did not have a case and to drop it. I keep my Cocker on a leash. He retreives but I cannot get him to pick up a bird so until I can cure that I do not really hunt him but if I did have him loose he would be in my sight as I keep a tight rein on him.  Since this guy never seen you shoot the dog he was far enough away that he did not have CONTROL over his dog that would be in your favor. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.