Author Topic: anyone ever done this?  (Read 672 times)

Offline ebonitekid767

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
anyone ever done this?
« on: April 12, 2005, 03:06:36 PM »
wanna get a 12ga pardner,have the barrel cut to 24",ported and drilled and tapped and put a reddot on it for deer hunting.....anyone done something similar?i know i could get a ultra slugger but i want smoothbore.

thanks

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
anyone ever done this?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 06:29:43 PM »
I have had my 24" 12 gauge smoothbore barrel drilled and tapped and a Red Dot mounted. One ragged hole at 50 yards with the right ammo and if I do my part!!! And the ammo is cheap!! Right now the factory still has some 24" smoothbore 12 and 20 gauge Tracker I barrels with rifle sights for $50.00. I have a reciever at H&R now being fitted for a 30-06 Ultra Compensated barrel (Thanks Mac!!!) and when Cookieman (Thanks Cookieman!!!) was good enough to let us know of the barrels the factory had located I immediately called and asked them to fit a smoothbore 20 with rifle sights to my same reciever. A smoothbore can esaily reach out to 50-60-70 yards with plenty of power and accuracy for deer, bear, Moose and pig hunting and do so with reasonably priced slugs!!! I like the sabots (I guess) but the prices are outlandish!!!....<><.... :eek:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
anyone ever done this?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 02:59:41 AM »
I would contact Customer Service as soon as possible to see if they have any in stock...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
anyone ever done this?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 11:32:55 AM »
I chopped a barrel to 22" and shot a 6" group of 3 off hand with no sights at all.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
anyone ever done this?
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 11:37:36 AM »
mag41vance  setup a smoothbore 20ga sometime ago.he cut the barrel down and drilled and tapped it for a scope.he was shooting 6 inch groups at 100yds with foster slugs.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
anyone ever done this?
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 01:57:25 PM »
Lik2hunt did a smoothbore slug gun project a while back that you should look for as well.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun