Author Topic: Oddball 12ga Barrel???  (Read 946 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Oddball 12ga Barrel???
« on: April 10, 2005, 02:32:18 PM »
I bought a 12ga Combo at Gander Mountain back in February.  It came with Tracker II 12ga barrel and a 24",Mod choke 12ga barrel.  I have not seen a 24", 12ga barrel listed anywhere in the catalog or in the Barrel Accessory info.  NEF says this Combo was for a distrubutor, but couldn't tell me which one.  Does anyone else have a 24" 12ga, Mod choke barrel that came from the factory?  Is this a rare barrel or is it just an ODDBALL?  This is the only Pardner I have ever seen with a 24" 12ga, Mod choke barrel.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline hunman55

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (81)
  • A Real Regular
odd-sized 12 nef barrel
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 03:32:01 PM »
Cookieman, i bought a used 12 ga. nef at an inventory reduction sale and it has a 24 in. full choke barrel. i bought two nef 12 ga and the other one had the usual 28 in. mod choke. i got them both for less than $100. this was at a pawn shop. the best to you.   hunman55

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
12ga 24" barrel
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 11:48:12 PM »
Hey there hunmann55.
Is that 24" Full choke barrel chambered 3 1/2?  If it is then it came from a turkey gun.  I think that would be the F10 barrel.  Check the receiver lug on the barrel and see if the last 3 digits of the serial number from the receiver or etched on it.  That's how you will know if it came on that receiver.  The factory does that to every barrel it fits on a receiver.  At least now a days.  Maybe it wasn't always done, I guess I'm sure of that.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline hunman55

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (81)
  • A Real Regular
odd length 12 ga barrel
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 11:21:03 PM »
cookieman, no, this barrel has the regular 3 in. chamber and no markings as you describe. still odd though.  hunman55

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
hunman55
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 02:14:33 AM »
Sorry for all the typo's.  I'm not sure the factory always marked the barrels they fitted.  It sounds like that 24" Full choke barrel was probably a turkey barrel from a few years back.  I don't think the 3 1/2 chambered guns have been out that long.  That is an ODDBALL.  I would hang on to that.  Sounds like you got a heck of a deal on those 2 guns.  Way to go.  I have to check out one of the local pawns myself.  I called and he does have a few NEF/H&R guns.  That's a good thing for a rainy day, just to get out of the house.LOL  Happy shooting.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Oddball 12ga Barrel???
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 03:41:34 AM »
I really envy you guys, there are no pawn shops in this area....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley