Author Topic: Star Ammo selling out?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline hunter280man

• Trade Count: (0)
Star Ammo selling out?
« on: December 24, 2004, 11:44:00 AM »
Hi Donna and all! :D

Hey I just received a order of lead wire two weeks ago...while I was talkin to the gal over at Star she informed me that they already sold the bullet production line and planned to sell out the wire extrusion as well.

She did tell me that there were two fella's lookin into buying that part of the buisness but no promises so far.

I usually buy about 500# a year from them (and growing)...that kinda hurts if someone doesn't step up and take over.   I was reading that there were several other options...I was wonderin what or if any of them pan out for the midwest MI area.

Help.              

I may have to go into buisness with Talon again and start my own extruder plans back up.   I'd still a need cheep lead supplier...and then I'd have to figure out the recipies for different antimony mixtures.
The older I get the better I was!

Offline Donna

• Contributor
    • http://www.aeroballisticsonline.com
Star Ammo selling out?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 12:08:33 PM »
That #^&*&%$. I better give her a call. Thanks hunter280man.

Donna
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Offline hunter280man

Star Ammo selling out?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 12:11:25 PM »
She is telling me that they plan to keep selling wire for a few months so don't get too wound up....I'm going in for about 600# worth as soon as taxes come in. :grin:

It all started out kinda by accident when I asked her if they could guarantee me uniform wire in different alloys and dia....possibly up to 1000# per year since I'm thinking of taking on a big order of custom bullets.    Her reply was simply NO.......

Maybe we can keep em in buisness huh? :P

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
Star Ammo selling out?
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 05:24:54 PM »
hunter280man, I found out that I can ship as much wire as I can stuff into a USPS "flat Rate" Priority Mail box( 12" x 6" x10") for $7.70 postage.. That can be more than 80# if they let me take them at their word. As I mentioned before I can probably sell the stuff in limited quantities, in random lengths, to hobby users in almost pure form in diameters from .018 to .450, @ about 60 cents/lb: it was the shipping that was the killer. 8)

Offline rjdiii

Star Ammo selling out?
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 07:07:32 PM »
Talon -- please post your email address.  I'd be interested in ordering some wire at those prices.  Thanks.  Bob Dyer

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Star Ammo selling out?
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2004, 05:41:12 AM »
rjdiii, you have a PM. If you are unfamiliar with how to read a "personal message", just click on the phrase at the top of this thread that says " You have 1 new message". I'll be making wire starting in April when the snow melts at my home in Northern Minnesota. Sorry about no email address on this forum, but I find that my SPAM and Virus files have been greatly reduced since I removed it. 8)

Offline hunter280man

Star Ammo selling out?
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2004, 06:06:40 AM »
Might take you up on that talon....at least for a couple of my needs that is.

PM sent.

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Star Ammo selling out?
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 11:28:19 AM »
There was 3 folks who wanted wire. I'm back from my Winter exodus and have contacted interested parties. As our conversations were several months ago I will start squirting out wire as soon as we confirm the orders.Remember, I'm only a hobbyist and can only make a little ( 50-70#) at a time.   8)