Author Topic: RUGER SUPER SINGLE SIX SS  (Read 473 times)

Offline msorenso

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
RUGER SUPER SINGLE SIX SS
« on: August 09, 2005, 10:26:24 AM »
ANY ONE KNOW WHY THEY MANDE JUST A FEW OF THESE WITH A 4 5/8 INCH BARREL IN SS? :D
LIVE FREE OR DIE

Offline Greeenriver

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 05:10:15 PM »
I have no idea bout the quanity of SSS's made in SS in the 22's, but I have seen a LOT of them in 32H&R Mag. All the "fixed sighted" models, never seen one with adjustable sights.  They are a very popular pistol for Cowboy Action Shooting. I have one with the "Birdshead" grip in SS and it is one of my favorat guns.

I have found that as I get older, I like the fixed sighted guns much better than the adjustable sighted ones. I think that out of about 12 pistols I own, only one, (A Ruger22/45) has adjustble sights.

Greeenriver(I thought that Ruger made a bunch of the SS ones, from what I seen at the gun shops)
Most of life's problems can be handled by a sutiable application of high explosives

Offline Questor

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 04:07:11 AM »
The shorter barrel is handy for carry if you can find a holster for it, but I think most people prefer the 6" barrel, which is pretty handy too.  That's just speculation.
Safety first

Offline JDB

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 03:07:32 PM »
I have put about 2.5 million miles on while carrying a blued 4 5/8" single six it was my first good handgun and would be the last on I d let go I wouldnt trade it for 10 6 1/2" ers but I would like to give the 5 1/2" a try and I also would like to try a 9 1/2"