Author Topic: Any prarie dog hunters around Denver Co?  (Read 285 times)

Offline jphelps

• Trade Count: (0)
Any prarie dog hunters around Denver Co?
« on: May 02, 2005, 05:25:07 AM »
I have just mover to Denver Co (change of station) and would like to meet some pepole that hunt prarie dog around here. I have never done this but sounds like alot of fun.

Offline BuzzKill

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 06:01:46 AM »
Jp-
I don't live in Denver, but I have been there just recently on and off for three weeks working.  The place is crawling with prairie dogs.  Just about any vacant lot in the burbs or farther out in the country is loaded with dogs.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  It was like being in a candy shop without no money.  Now I am sure you will have to find property owners and spots farther out of the City, but I like the prospects.  Do you shoot a handi?  Take a 22, 17, 223, 204 or any other caliber that fits your bill and shoot away.  Approach farmers or ranchers as they may want to rid their land of these little burrowing barkers.  Let me know how it goes, I am sure I will be returning soon.  BuzzKill

Offline tcman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 09:00:41 AM »
If you want half the city putting your pic on a "don't Want Ya" poster, go ahead a pop a PD around Denver..... They make pets of them.

Actually on the serious side....shooting PD's is outlawed on Public land in 6 counties around the Denver area AND everywhere on Public land East of Interstate 25 as I recall.

Best get ya a booklet on them and then find a private land owner to talk to.