Author Topic: new look ,old shotgun???  (Read 588 times)

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
new look ,old shotgun???
« on: April 17, 2005, 12:31:08 PM »
hey guys anyone seen the new marlin mod 200, looks just like a padner shotgun except it has a new stlye forearm , wonder if the nef h&r is goin to be a thing of the past?

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
new look ,old shotgun???
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 04:53:37 PM »
As far as I know that's not currernt production. They did a run a few years back that were stamped Marlin but the were were made by H&R/NEF. They are not listed on Marlin's web sight.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
new look ,old shotgun???
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 02:20:00 AM »
I agree with Markus, a few of those were seen around a few short years ago....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
new look ,old shotgun???
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 08:19:18 PM »
Marlin contracted these Model 200 to be made by NEF for about two years (?) before Marlin purchased NEF. After they bought NEF, it was obvious that it did not pay to market the shotgun under their name since they were getting the profits anyway, and NEF already had an established reputation. Being a Marlin and NEF fan, I bought one just so I could have it in my Marlin collection.
Wally
Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007