Author Topic: flasks  (Read 613 times)

Offline flamenblaster

• Trade Count: (0)
flasks
« on: April 23, 2005, 03:19:09 PM »
just got back from shooting again today...was wondering..does anyone make a flask and supply nozzles for different loads..ie 25, 30 35, 40 grns? Bought the one i have as part of the starter kit from cabela's..but on their sight i cant find any other size nozzles..it throws 30 grs. but ive found that i prefer 35..measured out with TC powder measure..just i find it inconvenient to pour into it (spills loose grains everywhere) and its slow..dont really wanna load straight from flask btw..been making paper cartridges at home while watching tv during the week and shoot em up on the weekend..been shooting 30 grn. cause thats what the flask throws and its fast to dispense into my papers..but really want 35 grn...anyone know where i can get a more versatile flask????
Good friends will come, and good friends will go...but jerks will just accumulate.

Offline ribbonstone

• Avid Poster
flasks
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 04:00:20 PM »
Are several places...but this web page seems to be the best illustrated (and are good people to deal with):

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/categories/partList.aspx?catId=1&subId=11&styleId=32&PageSize=10&Page=1

Look arround...will be some some choices in spout size

Offline Shorty

flasks
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 09:44:40 AM »
Here's what the poor-boy/ cheapskate (me) does. :wink:

Find, or turn on a lathe, a piece of tubing that can be fitted to the end of your too short spout.  Solder, and recut it to the desired length/volume.

Offline Ramrod

flasks
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 09:57:20 AM »
Dixie Gun Works has spouts to fit most Italian made flasks (90% of what is out there) from 20 grains to 200 grains. These can also be cut to customize charges. I usually pick them up as needed at gun shows, though.
"Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine." Patti Smith