Author Topic: Excellent Article on Gun Carry  (Read 982 times)

Offline AZ223

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Excellent Article on Gun Carry
« on: July 22, 2004, 03:48:22 PM »
The Washington Times published this article after a poll on NBC's site regarding gun carry. One of the best articles in a long time from any media source. :grin:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro/20040719-102254-3826r.htm
Life was so much simpler when I thought I knew everything...

Offline VSSF

• Avid Poster
Definitely not a leftist paper.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 04:08:20 PM »
Thats why I buy it every day,And they have a great nascar section on mondays.The washington post is so ANTI it's not even remotely objective.

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
Excellent Article on Gun Carry
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 09:43:10 PM »
The crime stats say it all.  And yet the anti's still keep trying to tell us how dangerous it is to have open carry.  As Ann Coulter has noted, Liberals are the only species that gains no insight from hindsight!  

As to the cops who don't even know their own laws, shame on them!  And where were their supervisors?  Donut shop?  (As an XLEO, I can say that! :wink: )

PJ
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline mitchshrader

(some of ) Ya'll might want to fine tune the labels
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 05:14:10 AM »
What's a liberal? I think letting folks alone who aren't bothering anyone is liberal. I think owning weapons is liberal. I think letting folks smoke whatever they want is liberal. I think letting 'em sleep with whoever they want is liberal.

Liberal (to me) means allowing liberty ... I'd call the anti-gun folks facists, or control freaks, or dayum nosy .. but that'd apply to most any issue where I wasn't being harmed and somebody wanted to regulate the behavior.

When did the concept 'Liberal' change definitions?  Far as I can tell, our founding fathers were awfully liberal, and this country has gotten MORE liberal in it's Constitutional Amendments, (allowing more liberty to all non-harmful people no matter gender or race) ..

A trend that hasn't had much approval lately, near as I can tell. The problem isn't liberty, it's the lack of (public) awareness concerning the necessary connection between 'Liberty' and 'Responsibility' ..  give up the second, the first will disappear.  Sez me, newbie here, and I hope I don't offend *too* much with this personal opinion.