Author Topic: 1860 Army  (Read 818 times)

Offline westfi1

• Trade Count: (0)
1860 Army
« on: April 21, 2005, 07:41:45 AM »
I would like to buy a replica 1860 Army cap and ball revolver.  Who makes the best one, Colt blackpowder, Uberti, EMF, Armi san Marco, Cimmaron, Pietta, etc.  Thanks very much for your input.

Offline Shorty

1860 Army
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 01:35:36 PM »
Actually, I think Pietta and Uberti make ALL of them.  The different importers may designate different specifications on fit and finish, and some such as Colt and Cimmaron may even finish them themselves.  You get the same guns, basically, the rest is window dressing.

Offline Will52100

• A Real Regular
1860 Army
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 07:49:52 PM »
I would say that for an import Uberti is the best, but the tightest and most acurate guns I've got are Pieta's.  The ones that are not complete junk that is, seems when I get a new Pieta it's eigther outstanding or a piece of junk.  The Uberti's I've got all had minor problems, but so far the problems I've had with them are very minor compared to the Pietas that had problems.

Take your pic and spin the dial, maybe you'll get lucky.  I don't know but have heard that Cimmaron guns basicly have the bugs worked out and are ready to go without any work.  Next one I get will probably be a Cimmaron.
The thing about freedom, it's never free
www.courtneyknives.com

Offline Flint

best
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 10:07:47 AM »
The very best is the 2nd generation Colt Blackpowder.  The 3rd gen Signature Series vary from OK to junk, but they are pretty.

2nd gen Colts were made from parts shipped from Uberti and fit and finished by Iver Johnson.

3rd gen parts came from various vendors and were not assembled near as competently by "Colt Blackpowder" in Brooklyn NY.

Short of a 2nd gen Colt (not cheap), get an Uberti from Cimarron.
Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life