Author Topic: Before you post that joke ask yourself this question...  (Read 13525 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Before you post that joke ask yourself this question...
« on: November 09, 2005, 11:09:52 AM »
Would I tell this joke in front of my 10 year old daughter with my wife, my mother and the preacher and his wife in the room.

If the answer is NO then DO NOT post it here either. Any or all of those are reading this at one time or another. If not your daughter, mother, wife and pastor then someone else's is.

I've had to remove too many off color jokes of late and if it continues some members are gonna be EX members.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Before you post that joke ask yourself this
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 03:49:44 PM »
Well do not worry about me I AM DONE posting any jokes period so that way I will not offend anyone. Others may read it I guess but the only folks I have seen post here I figured were adult so I felt a few jokes were no big deal. You feel different and its your place so to be on the safe side I will never post a joke again even if it is perfectly clean as it may offend someone you never know. Sorry will never happen again. Jim   :wink:
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline BamBams

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 07:58:22 AM »
No reason to stop posting jokes altogether here - we enjoy a good joke every now and then - just avoid the sexual ones, etc, and everyone is fine.  I like GB's "litmus test" as well.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 08:58:49 AM »
I'm the only joke I post. :(  :o  :eek:  :shock:  8)  :roll:  :oops:  :cry:  :wink:
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 10:04:54 AM »
I hear tell yore a dirty one to Bill but nothing a good bath won't fix.  :eek:  :-D  :D

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 10:13:08 AM »
Tha Hen says I clean up pretty good---I try not to do it too often, she may get to expecting it. :oops:
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Lone Star

• Reformed Gunwriter
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 11:18:05 AM »
...the only folks I have seen post here I figured were adult so I felt a few jokes were no big deal.
What most Internet users don't realize is that only a tiny percentage of readers will post on any given forum.  The percentage varries with the site, but I've seen numbers that only between 1% and 10% of the total readers actually post - the rest are lurkers.  You never know who is reading what you write.  GB is right in enforcing his standards here, and his litmus test is right on.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 11:25:51 AM »
Quote from: BamBams
No reason to stop posting jokes altogether here - we enjoy a good joke every now and then - just avoid the sexual ones, etc, and everyone is fine.  I like GB's "litmus test" as well.

Well since what I think may be ok and what some one else does may be two different things so if I abstain I know I will not cross GB's rules.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 02:47:26 PM »
jh45gun,

Sorry to hear that you will not be posting any more humorous jokes. I always read them and found most all of them to be hilarious. The ones related to marrage were especialy funny :grin:

I totaly respect the rules here at GBO, but I recon we had too much fun. :-D

Party's over, I 'spose

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 10:09:53 PM »
I, just me, personally, me think that the rules GB has set are really the rules we'uns have need to set for ourselves. OH, now I know that boys will be boys and in the smoker many will let things slide to the blue side, and, well, I must confess to that, also.
That may be ok, well, just maybe, however, I can also see that this attitude is still an influence on any which may be present and if we are completely honest, we have need of thinking about that.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 12:47:45 PM »
BAH..HUMBUG...

We have too many jokes already...there are plenty of Libs posting in these forums...LOL

GB: I'm with you on your guidelines..

As Lonestar said, not many people post. However I believe that those who DO post, probably post on at least 3 or 4 forums...
  Some forums allow "looser talk"..but folks should remember that not all forms do..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 10:31:25 AM »
We think we all are adults?  Think again!  I bet that some of the posters are juviniles, in fact I know of one that has said he is only 15, and I think I read one post where the person said they were 12.  We don't know how old, or the gender of all of the posters, some could be a 10 year old girl for all we know, since we never meet them face to face.  Some of my 11 and 12 year old female students could talk just as informative about guns and hunting as some of the growen posters here.  

Yes I like a good joke as much as the next person, but under the circumstances we never know who the nest person to read it will be.  It might even be my seven year old granddaughter, so I totally agree with Graybeard.  Keep it clean.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 11:38:03 AM »
Certainly the majority of GBO members and likely visitors too are adult males. BUT there are still a LOT of both members and visitors who are not adults and also who are not male. We have both boys and girls who are as young as 8-9 reading this site and we have a lot of women. So long as I'm in charge we'll be keeping those facts in mind.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline spraynpray

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 04:29:56 PM »
I'm 16. :grin:
Happiness is a warm CETME.

Your deer rifle will never be banned... they will call it a terrorists sniper rifle first.

CETME owners group #164
http://members.createforum.net/index.php?mforum=entertainmentce

Offline 45454

• Contributor
A VERY dirty joke
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 10:17:11 PM »
Y'all ain't gonna believe this one.
A kid didn't take a bath for over 3 weeks.
Rained one day, he fell into a mudpuddle.
That IS dirty. :D  :-)
The old calibers and guns got the job done
Life-United Prospectors Inc
WARTHOG-The Open Range forums

Offline jhm

Re: Before you post that joke ask yourself this question...
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 03:45:31 AM »
If it goes beyond ( mouth to ear ) it probably should not be posted ;D   JIM

Offline WoodyP

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Before you post that joke ask yourself this question...
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 06:40:23 AM »
Although I totally agree with Greybeard, it really doesn't matter what I think, as this is his site.
His rules do make this the type of site I check almost everyday.  Keep it up bearded one, and may you be blessed.
Best Regards,
Woody