Author Topic: load /range report 204 ruger  (Read 346 times)

Offline aulrich

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
load /range report 204 ruger
« on: May 01, 2005, 06:05:46 PM »
Too the 204 out for an extended spin today and it turned out pretty good.  I am not sure but I think I found some sort of sweet spot. I was using both 32 and 40 grain hornadys and bloc-(2). with the 32'sa I went from 28-30.5 (Max 31.7) and on the 40'sa I went from 28-30 (Max 30). My most accurate loads were 29.5 with the 32'sa and 29.3 with the 40'sa The load with the 40'sa were showing some flaflattening the primers but the accuracy held.

Next time I am going to try the 40'sa at 29.5 just to see if the accuracy will still hold.  The pressure signs do coconcerne a bit but there are two potential reasons for this.

1. The winchester brass I have is thicker than the factory hohornedrass I have ~.001 measured around the neck. Which since the reduce capacity it would raise pressures some.

2. The loads I made were with CCcosebenchrestrimers  and I have read that those susupposedlyhow pressure signs the earliest so I could be getting a false positive. But like all things read on the internet that comment must be taken with a grain of salt.  But the next time I will be making the loads with remington small rifle instead.

The smallest group with the 32'sa was 5 shots at about .715 and with the the 40'sa  about .810.

Under the heading of really weird result

So I take it out to 200 and shoot 7 shots, vertically there is maybe .5" between them. But they are strung horizontally buy  4" or so. What would cause something like that? parallax, maybe canting? I have to say I was struggling a bit to get a good rest.

And see a future post "How to turn a small car jack into a mechanical shooting rest or D@MN I hade it when someone else thinks up a good Idea.
The second mouse gets the cheese

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
load /range report 204 ruger
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 07:40:30 PM »
Well...it sounds like you had fun shooting anyway :) Seriously...it does sound like you found a sweet spot with your loads...I hope all of them shoot as good or better... :D

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...