Author Topic: Winchester model 70 youth  (Read 769 times)

Offline jedd

• Trade Count: (0)
Winchester model 70 youth
« on: March 08, 2005, 01:23:52 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a youth synthetic stock for my model 70 375 H&H?
Thanks

Offline gwindrider1

• Contributor
Youth synthetic stock
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 06:45:09 AM »
jedd,  I'm assuming that you are a person of short stature by making this request.  It's a bit unusual to hear that someone would want to put a shorter than normal stock on a rifle of that caliber.

I suggest that you have a conventional stock cut down, although this will result in a smaller than normal contact area with your shoulder, which will have the result of increasing felt recoil.  You may want to add a Mercury tube while you're at it.

Best of luck with that project!

Offline jedd

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 02:27:40 PM »
Can a factory synthetic stock be cut down and still be able to use a normal recoil pad? Or do you have to get a slip-on? I don"t really like the idea of a slip-on. Actually the gun is for my wife.  We are going brown bear hunting this fall.  The stock is about an inch too lonng.

Offline Ramrod

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 03:44:19 PM »
jedd, I don't know about the Winchesters, but most of the synthetic stocks I have seen allow for at least an inch to be cut off to adjust pull length. Cut too much and you get into the hollow part though, not good! If you do cut it, just grind the original pad to fit.
"Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine." Patti Smith

Offline ScoutMan

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 10:24:46 AM »
Jedd,

contact Outers and look at their  "cadet" line. They might make a model that will fit your needs.
If you can get closer, get closer
If you can get steadier, get steadier.

A telescope helps you see; it does not help you hold and squeeze.-Jeff Cooper