Author Topic: Finally shot my new 45/70 handi  (Read 364 times)

Offline tanoose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Finally shot my new 45/70 handi
« on: May 01, 2005, 05:02:50 AM »
Well i am very pleased with this rifle its a fine shooter and i must be careful as my son has an eyeball on it, he already said that he may want to use it this year . I didn't have time to make reloads so i used some old ammo that never shot well in my marlin lever. but it shot well in the handi.  I did try something , I use quick release rings so i can switch to iron sights if i want  so what i did using the same 300 grain bullets with the mannlicher stock my groups were 2"high and 2" to the right  i then put on the original forend and was 4" high and 2" to the right .  The group opened up about 1/2" .I just wanted to share that with you. My friend now has the rifle as he is going to free float both forends for me and he is also going to sand down and re stain the wood for me.

Offline Norseman112

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Finally shot my new 45/70 handi
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 02:05:36 PM »
Congrats on your new rifle !  I got a handi for CHRISTmas .223 bull barrel and I sent it back to factory because it would break open every time I shot...while it was at the factory I bought a .243 handi and I love it!! shoots one inch or less groups at 100 yards. The customer service at NEF was really great and I got my .223 back and now I ordered a scope for it. I spend more time on this site because I have fallen in love with thease rifles. I have two custom made rifles .300 win mag and 25-06 rem. both are bolt actions, but I spend more time researching, reloading and shooting my handi. I am finding this web site and the good people on here very enjoyable, And what a joy I found in shooting my handi rifle! I can't wait to get my scope for my .223