Author Topic: E-Mail Dispute  (Read 789 times)

Offline mec

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
E-Mail Dispute
« on: May 01, 2005, 01:10:53 PM »
Have recieved a message indicating that my e-mail address is incorrect and account subject to termination.  I checked the profile and find that my e-mail address registered her is, in fact, correct.  For whatever reason, attempts to notify me of responses to watched topics have been bouncing, causing the owner of the forums undue hardship.  For this reason, I have "unwatched" all such topics and am teminating all activity on the Graybeard Forums.
Guns are like the vote. They work best when everybody has one
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline FWiedner

E-Mail Dispute
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 01:46:55 PM »
No reason to get in a twist.

It's probably an automated message.  You're getting offended and stomping off because a server somewhere is sending you "nasty-grams".

I'm sure that Mr. Graybeard is perfectly willing to work these things out, all you have to do is let him know.

:D
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline NYH1

E-Mail Dispute
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 01:58:57 PM »
Quote from: FWiedner

It's probably and automated message.  You're getting offended and stomping off because a server somewhere is sending you "nasty-grams".

I'm sure that Mr. Graybeard is perfectly willing to work these things out, all you have to do is let him know.

Yeah........What he said !!!
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline leverfan

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
E-Mail Dispute
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 08:20:55 PM »
Quote from: FWiedner

It's probably an automated message.  You're getting offended and stomping off because a server somewhere is sending you "nasty-grams".

Nope, ain't no nasty gram from a computer.  Mr. Graybeard himself served notice on mec in open forum on Cap and Ball.
NRA life member

Offline FWiedner

E-Mail Dispute
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 03:12:28 AM »
Oh.

Well then.

Get thee gone ye foul and accursed, ye spawn from the loins of evil!

:twisted:  :twisted:
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
E-Mail Dispute
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 03:20:26 AM »
OKIE DOKIE then, I'll take any message I have on your profile off. But the correct way to have handled it was to e-mail me as requested. I couldn't e-mail you since all e-mails to you bounce like a rubber ball. Be advised tho not to mark topics to be watched for e-mails as the server cannot send them to you for whatever reason. Likely a firewall or some spam program on your computer or on your ISP that refuses to accept e-mail from GBO server.

You must understand that with over 12,500 members I get more e-mail daily than I can deal with already. I too get spam daily just like the rest of the world but can't use programs to block it or I'll be blocking requests for help from members at the same time. Then when I got hundreds of more e-mails just because members as for e-mails and then can't accept them because of their computer's set up or that of their ISP it makes me wish at times I'd never opened this site. It's really getting to be more of a load than I'm willing to deal with.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!