Author Topic: Why I like My NEFs...  (Read 727 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Why I like My NEFs...
« on: May 06, 2005, 08:00:37 PM »
What a deal....Just did a few calculations.  I will have just over $600 tied up in my small collection of guns after I get my receiver and barrels back from NEF in a few weeks.  
Here is the list:  2-SB1 receivers, 1-SB2 receiver, 12ga 24" Mod, 20ga 22" Mod, 410 26" Full, 30-06 UltraComp, Tracker I 20ga smooth bore w/RS.  Five different guns, the capability to hunt just about anything in North America, and all for about $120 per gun.  A lot of guys I know have that much tied up in 'Just one gun'.

This is just one of the reasons I like my NEFs.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Why I like My NEFs...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 03:18:25 AM »
Thats a great combination of calibers and gauges Cookieman, and you right, with that "arsenal" you can hunt just about anything on the North American (or South American) continent, and all for the price that many pay for one gun!!! Congratulations....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
Not quite!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 03:41:12 AM »
I couldn't help myself!  I had all the numbers and my mind made up, I THOUGHT.  When I filled out the order form for NEF, my fingers ended up following my heart.  I opted for the 45-70 instead of the 06 UltraComp.  I may kick myself sometime down the road,  but I can only buy one right now and I just got a BUG for that 45-70.  I know I'm not the only one this has happened to.  LOL  Crunch time is over, the decision has been made.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline TOMMYY01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Why I like My NEFs...
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 11:36:55 AM »
I was doing the same as you when I wanted the 45-70. I opted for the big bore also, and never looked back. :) I think I enjoy shooting the big bore more than any of the others I have, except for the my new .223. I think what I enjoy most is, being able to go shoot any caliber I have when I need to! :wink: Just my  :money:  worth. :mrgreen:
                                                      tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
Couldnt Stop Needed "Just 1 more"
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 01:06:19 PM »
Couldn't help myself!  I thought I needed one more.  Called C/S this morning and had them add the 22" 12ga Youth barrel to my order.  That has to be it for now....if I want to remain married and healthy. LOL
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Why I like My NEFs...
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 02:06:58 PM »
Cookieman buddy, I for one am proud of you!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley