Author Topic: Israili Desert Eagles  (Read 626 times)

Offline AkRvrrat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Israili Desert Eagles
« on: May 19, 2005, 11:56:32 AM »
I would like you all to help me figure out or share with me and any resolves you have made with the Desert Eagle. A friend purchased a 44.mag. and mentioned his is not feeding completely with hollow points. Any and all tidbits would be a welcome.

Offline Reed1911

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (18)
    • www.reedsammo.com
Israili Desert Eagles
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 10:12:04 PM »
Like most autoloaders hollowpoints are sometimes a problem. Generally the ammunition that uses hollowpoints with more of a rounded profile will work better. Or those bullets that feature a fully jacketed profile (i.e. Silver-tip or XTP VS. Remington)
Ron Reed
Reed's Ammunition & Research
info@reedsammo.com
www.reedsammo.com

Offline jro45

Israili Desert Eagles
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 03:23:18 AM »
A friend of mine has one and in 44 mag and uses No 9 powder and shoots
Hornady XTP 240gr bullets. His is very accurate. Has no problem with the XTP bullets. :D

Offline AkRvrrat

• Avid Poster
Israili Desert Eagles
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 06:06:31 AM »
reloaded him 5 rounds of 270 gold dot with 20grns of h110 and still had problem. Some hollow points and I agree give some feeding in autos but I was concerned with the choice he made and if he can get this behemoth to be reliable in all situations. Not likely. Considered hard cast but was concerned with bullet lube hampering the action. Sent him to a D.E. forum.

Offline AZ223

• Contributor
Israili Desert Eagles
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 04:42:39 PM »
I had a DE .44 Mag, but sold it a few years ago. Lots of problems with it, including FTF. After I sold it, I found a Website that talked about adjusing the magazine opening. I don't know the site any more, but you may want to have him look for that. Also, the DE prefers "hotter" loads, if that's any help.
Life was so much simpler when I thought I knew everything...

Offline AkRvrrat

• Avid Poster
Israili Desert Eagles
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 08:23:57 AM »
No matter what I read on that DEagle forum there is no excuse for a firearm manufacturer to sell a firearm that does not produce reliable results whether in feeding, extracting etc...! That is alot of money to throw on a handgun to go to extremes in customer service--what a sad affair.