Author Topic: Wetter weather this spring in Wyoming??  (Read 618 times)

Offline pa ridge-runner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Wetter weather this spring in Wyoming??
« on: June 14, 2005, 01:54:47 AM »
How has the spring been this year in the western states.?Seems that there has been a fair amount of precipitation this spring.Can you fellas that live out there give me an update.
I will be heading out to Wyoming again this October and I am hoping it has been wetter out there.It has been terribly dry the last couple of years. Thought I'd heard that there was some late snow storms and more rain than there has been. Thanks :D

Offline Turtle

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 04:23:40 AM »
Yep...we have been blessed with a lot of moisture this spring and it continues.  I've heard we (Colo) are as much as 3" ahead of average for this time of year.  Rivers are flowing good and the mountains are green.

Wyoming is also getting it's much needed moisture. Don't know where they're at in terms of measuring but I know it's green up there.

As a matter of fact, I heard that Sage Grouse in Wyoming population is at a 30 year high.  They said this is due to last year and this years wet springs which provided the much needed cover for them to nest.  This will also help the big game with antler growth.

-Turtle -

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
    • http://www.ranger.org/
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 05:51:21 AM »
Yup, we are getting alot of moisture.  I haved measured 6" this month at the family ranch and a little over 5" in Cheyenne.  It feels like back home, except I didn't want to mow the grass this often.   :wink:

The Laramie Creek (they call them rivers around here) is well over it's banks and the Platte is right a capacity from what I have seen.

Seminoe and Pathfinder Res. have a ways to go and so does Glendo.

SAW
Nosce Hostem
"Birds of Prey" 743rd MI BN
Proud Freemason-Chugwater Lodge No. 23

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 10:42:31 AM »
Everywhere out west it seems to be green with tons of grass and new growth.  Hope it stays moist because if/when it dries out there is going to be a heck of a fire danger this fall.  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.